YoyoRecreation - Bulk strings

Hello guys,

I remember someone asking about those strings not long ago, I had the chance to get a pack of 10 polyester yellow in fat version (which is the thickness I use usually) a while ago so I had time to properly test them (I see there are also nylon but I do not use nylon so I haven’t tried/bought them).

Let’s start saying that I love bulk string and it’s basically all I use, 100% polyester and in fat thickness and neon yellow, here a list of my favourites in order of preference:

1. Sochi x Zipline - Alphaline
  2. Monkey finger - Vines
  3. Aceyo - Bulk strings
  4. Kitty strings - First class
  5. Yoyorecreation - Bulk strings

Yes between all the strings those ones are placed at the bottom but let me explain why:
Let’s start with the price, those strings place at more or less 32$ for the pack of 100 so not exactly cheap compared to all the others ones that I listed up there (the Alphaline are at 28$ but we will see that those strings are really different also in durability).

Out of the pack the string is not super bouncy and seems quite coarse I would say the most rough at the touch between all the ones I like, this feeling was gone after more or less 3 hours of play and the string get the usual softness of polyester.
What impressed me at the beginning was how fast was this string, probably the faster of the whole list and I really liked that, I was even thinking to have found my new favourite string but after a while, when the coarse feeling went away and the string break in properly, weirdly the string become quite slow, I do not know why but all the fast, zippy slacks and power was basically gone.
Those strings are able to keep the tension in place quite well, I did not had any issue in term of tension, it stay nice and in place even after long combo with many slacks in, I did appreciate that, obviously close to the end of life of the string this change but this happen in pretty much every string.
The durability is sadly also quite meh, after more or less 30 hours of play in total (obviously divided in some days) the string was losing little bits, becoming dirty, start to mess up the tension a bit more become thinner and in general I was really able to see that the string was at the end of this life.

The thickness of the string is comparable to the Vines (in general all the fat strings I have/like/use have more or less the same thickness).

Strings are really a matter of personal preferences but I try to keep consistent the material, lenght, thickness and everything in regard of it, I like consistence to find myself always in more or less the same conditions while I play, so those are my personal opinions as a player.

It’s kind of a shame, YYR is a name that in my mind scream quality and greatness (every yoyo I play has a DS bearing for example) and also in the yoyos game in general they always create high quality products, I do not know about the strings pro models but those bulk ones deluded me quite a lot, it is an ok string but in the market you can find much better for a bit less money, is also possible that those strings maybe don’t match my way/style of play or what I look on a string.

If you tried them I would love to hear also your experience with it, it’s always kind of a bummer when a product delude my expectations.

6 Likes

I have had them for many years (as you can see they have the old font), I don’t know now but at the time for me they were simply re-branded kitties

1 Like

Daaaamn Fabri, you nailed it, I had couple of those old Kitty in a bag and I tried them, I think as you said is exactly the same string or at least 99% similar!
The new Kitty first class are another planet, those YYR as I said are a bit a delusion hope they came with their own formula, knowing the brand probably they can do something great

3 Likes

You should try HKMT strings if you want to try out “Yoyorecreation level quality strings.”

A lot of their players are dual sponsored by HKMT Equipment and YYR (HEYR).

They have the signature string for Hajime Miura, Toru Miyaziku, and Arata Imai. Most of the Hydrangea players and a lot of random Japanese competitors play with it. It’s kind of like a Japanese YoyoStringLab, where it’s just very high quality polyester string.

4 Likes

Thanks for the shout Juni, I will have a go if I can find them next time I order something, I read about them before and seems interesting!

1 Like

I have a 100 pack of whites yyr fat 100 poly I honestly love them alot they are whippy like my alphalines and kinda soft-ish like the kitty fc, but yeah my favourite is definitely alphalines although I seem to be in the fence with Sochi, I will follow up this reply once I get to try the OT and ziplines which are in the mail hyped honestly.