YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Anyone tried the Berserker SS? I know this is a YYR thread, but it’s this is seriously the best place to post questions about high-end Asian yoyos.

I have one.
It can easily be paired with the Draupnir.
I still prefer the Draupnir over it because it’s lighter and slightly faster, but the Berserker SS is absolutely astounding especially considering its price. Plus the colorways are pretty nice

1 Like

Heard that it s like a pwave with extra weight rings. more solid and spins longer but slower
also
draupnir
just to show this post is on topic

Strongly considering pulling the trigger on Berserker SS with the discount going on right now.

Also, I got a new black Draupnir. Though I don’t have my original one to compare it to side by side any more, I’m not really noticing any difference in responsiveness between the original and new slightly wider gap. The new ones seems just as incredible as I remember my first one being.

Here’s a side-by-side picture of the old vs the new Sleipnir.

Hey, Anyone know what pads a V2 Stargazer takes? I think it’s 19.6mm but i’m not sure. All I know is that regular 19mm pads don’t seem to fit perfectly into the grooves, they’re not big enough.

I’m definately warming to it. I’m glad that it looks like besides the slight smoothing out of the catch zone, they haven’t changed much about the original design. When YYR stopped making the Sleipnir it was a travesty, so the fact that we once again have a chance to get our hands on this fantastic yoyo is good news indeed. :slight_smile:

depends if it’s a 2009 or 2012 version

I’m pretty sure it’s an 09, it has “yoyorecreation meets 2008WorldChampion HirokiMiyamoto Stargazer” on it in a linear format, as opposed to the circular text on the newer ones.

Just bought this today heh

Wow that looks amazing!

Too bad for you, they use the 0.5 mm thick pads

It could still be modded, or even in the worst case a knockoff

Nah, it’s not a knockoff. I got it from Julian (ratfacedudeguy), the author of the “identifying yyr fakes” sticky thread

Are these no longer produced? Would flowable silicone work?

you may find them on some other website, since I’m quite sure it is the size used by Sturm Panzer.

Unfortunately, silicone works pretty bad in such thin groves

pics will be of great help.

So after a bit of waiting and customs charging, it’s finally here:

It’s early days to comment on play, but I can say this: The feel in the hand is completely different to the old Sleipnir. It’s so smooth and rounded, it feels like it’s made of polished glass or something.

The anodising is really thick which gives it a silky smooth feeling and really glossy appearance that almost looks like it’s glowing as it spins:

I definately do not regret buying this having already owned an original Sleipnir. I’ll give them both a lot of side by side play over the next week and report back on my findings. However, as I said, the feel of the yoyo itself is very different indeed.

One thing is for sure, it feels expensive. It’s like the Lamborghini of yoyos. ;D

That looks very nice Gambit…
It makes me somewhat regretful that I did not buy the Blue version.

I agree that it does feel a bit different than the original in a very non-descript sort of way.
I’m still deciding if I like the engraving though.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7478/15945779271_a14ddb3b26.jpg

I swear, all of your pics are just… :o

1 Like