Yoyorecreation 2014 Line Up Review

I was VERY shocked to see the loopers at just under $300!! I guess there are a very very select few that play 2A that would want some premium throws and Im sure they have all their Japanese 2a players using them too, but I was thinking they were going to be like 10% of that price!!

What makes them so premium? Even if they are Delrin I would think MAYBE $100 for the pair, but over $30 each is going to turn off everyone except the pro and very very serious 2a players.

Its kind of like how those really expensive 4a yoyos sell, but not alot of quantity, mostly people that compete in 4a are the only people that can justify spending over $100 on a 4a throw, other people would rather get the $20 alternative. I think that is why you dont see many 4a throws coming out, because the yoyo market has switched to primarily 1a, even 5a seems like its dieing to me! They do still advertise some throws as “good for 5a” but that is just one selling point of many, usually they will say “good for 1a and 5a! Very versatile!” The Genesis was supossed to be a 5a throw, that is why they had the large and small bearing options, and since the 5a hype has pretty much died in my opinion, its now been marketed as a 1a throw the past few years.

Im saying that its like how it is with 4a yoyos. Except WAYYY worse with 2a throws. Maybe the very very very high learning curve has to do with that aswell, Im not exactly sure.

I think its cool YYR tried something new, do I think it will sell well, not at all, but then again maybe they made them in a small batch and they were meant for only the “hardcore 2a players”?

It’s vey difficult to market 5a throws with things the way they are. Companies can’t even have it in product videos.

This is how YYR has always worked, nothing new here

With more play, I feel like the negators are like yoyos for creating tricks rather than competition throws

Talked with longtime 2A player who tried Negators, in his opinion they offer great sleep time for wraps, but they can tilt easier during looping than raiders.