Yoyomuseum.com giveaway!

Ah, that explains it :slight_smile: Kind of strange seeing so many older and extraordinarily rare throws, but at the same time missing stuff as common as Dark Magic 2s.

Au contrair, I think the fact it was so difficult was what personally pushed me to do it. It’s great to have a contest that gets the old grey matter working. ;D

The DM2 is one that particularly annoys me, because a friend got an awesome toxic frog edition but we didn’t photograph it for some reason before it took some cosmetic damage. Now we have a rule, no yo-yo gets played until it’s shot for the Museum!. Sometimes that’s very hard to do, hard to resist…

1 Like

We have a winner! I’ll post the winner and the answers soon, but wanted to get this out so people aren’t still hunting.

Super cool. Are you going to email the winner or PM them?

The winner has already been notified

Oh. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
::slight_smile:

ok here are the answers as promised :

1. The first exhibit in the Museum is the Hummingbird Vision Trickster. There was no exhibit #1, that was a test of the upload system and I never reset the database back to 1, therefore the first exhibit was #2.

2. André has 3 signatures in the Museum - Dark Magic, Trinity and Legacy III. I was accepting multiple Dark Magics however since there were a few different versions (Nationals, Calico Joe etc)

3. There are 7 yo-yos in the Museum with hubstacks/spinning sidecaps -
    YoYoFactory DNA
    YoYoFactory 888
    YoYoFactory Catalyst (Stacked)
    YoYoFactory Hubstack Afterglow
    Duncan Magnetude
    Duncan Momentum
    MagicYoYo N9 (Floating Cloud)

4. This was the tough one. There are 21 yo-yos in the Museum that use One Drop Side Effects.
    One Drop 54
    One Drop Code 1
    One Drop Dietz
    One Drop Dang
    One Drop Code 2
    One Drop Lab Experiment #1
    One Drop Cascade
    One Drop Sakura Se
    One Drop Chik!
    One Drop Yelets
    One Drop Summit
    One Drop Gradient
    One Drop 2013 Benchmark O
    One Drop 2013 Benchmark H
    One Drop 2013 Benchmark V
    One Drop 2014 Benchmark W
    One Drop 2014 Benchmark H
    One Drop 2014 Benchmark O
    One Drop 2014 Benchmark V
    One Drop MarkMont Classic
    3Yo3 Bassline 2

A lot of people seemed to think that the MarkMont Next and the Wooly MarkMont use SEs - they don’t.

Well that’s it, thanks for playing and look out for more giveaways in the coming months! Hope everyone enjoyed it!

Aw I was so close. I didn’t think that #2 was actually #1, clever. I thought there was more to it than that. The only other thing I missed was the 4th question, because I assumed the Benchmarks weren’t separated by years. ::slight_smile:

A couple of people got VERY close, missing just one of the hubstacks or one of the SEs. I felt really bad for them…

Oh poo! That was me! Pretty chuffed I got the other questions right though, especially the first exhibit… I literally went through every single exhibit on the site, so I was convinced I hadn’t missed it. ;D

Great idea for a treasure hunt mate, big congrats to the lucky fellow that won. Mirin’ Onedrop axle system knowledge.

1 Like

I was thinking you had won myself ::slight_smile:

I think that I was one of the people who missed just one, I think I got everything except for one or two of the side effect yoyos.

I got the first 2 right, was still researching when he announced the winner.

Just curious as to how we were supposed to know the Hummingbird was actually the first exhibit? Go through every single yoyo in the museum?

Yes…

Yeah, I think I might have had a chance of winning if I hadn’t over thought #1, I thought it was hidden and we had to guess what it was. I was 50% about to put Hummingbird. Oh well ::slight_smile:

The exhibit number is at the end of the URL. Really you only had to try 1, then 2 and you’d have it. Most people did get it right.

Did you guys enjoy this type of giveaway? I thought it was much more fun that just picking a random follower.

It’s odd… when I did this originally (somebody ask for help figuring it out) 2 didn’t work, no number before 6 did.

Definitely does now though, strange.

Kyle

I thought it was great. Looking forward to the next one!