yoyomasterall aka Brad Meyer Scam

Legally, there’s nothing you can do unless you have documentation and confirmation of the trade in messages, which I believe the mods can access the originals, making them more credible. (They as an outside party would have no reason to manipulate the messages.)

Would be easier to call his parents or write a letter to figure things out

Yeah, I am not going to say “Welp, FOILED AGAIN!” I am getting something. Maybe the police can do something if I show proof of documentation? SHould I call(Non emergency, like the operator or whatever) and ask about this tomorrow?

Someone else already summed it up, but it seems there were tons of problems…

1. According to him, he failed to notice a zip code that was longer than it should be. We cannot even accept that as an excuse for the lost package, because he has no proof that Dingo even gave him the wrong address. No PMs to back it up.

2. According to him, he relied on someone else to ship something that was his responsibility to send. It was not his father’s responsibility…it was his responsibility. If his father did not mail out, or lost a tracking number, it is his responsibility to compensate Dingo for the deal.

3. Red flag about his assertion that the post office is capable of looking up transactions by date, and running a search of a forwarding address, to find the location of a package. They do not have that kind of elaborate search function to run a forwarding address. Even if they did, they would still need a tracking number to locate the package. If they had an elaborate search function like that, they would be able to give you the “lost tracking number” which would be in the transaction details.

4. I have been to the desk at the post office hundreds of times. Every time I mail something, they enter the zip code on my package, see if it matches the city and state I indicated, and if so, they proceed. That is step number one, because if there is not a match, they want to kick that package out of their system right from the start. There are checks and balances within their system to weed out problem packages. Many of them are filtered out at step one. In this situation, he indicated that someone physically went to the post office to mail the item, and if so, at step one, someone would have handed that package right back and told him, or his dad to fix the address first and come back.

5. He would rather accept a negative feedback on his record, rather than return the yo-yos he received in the trade, or compensate Dingo for his end of the deal, then clear his name and return to business as usual on the forum. That attitude is consistent with someone who was leaving the forum anyway after this came to light.

No matter what, it is clear that Dingo fulfilled his end of the bargain. After that, all responsibility rested on Yoyomasterall to fulfull his end of the bargain. While Yoyomasterall claims he did, according to his own statements, he relied on someone else to ship, and he has no tracking number to confirm shipment and delivery to Dingo. He made someone else responsible for shipping out the trade throws, and he cannot confirm that the person (his dad) followed through. For those reasons alone, he should compensate Dingo for his end of the deal. If Yoyomasterall has had the throws Dingo sent for over 30 days, no guarantee they are in the condition they were in when they were sent, so I think a cash compensation would be the most fair resolution to this.

How old is Yoyomasterall? Once I know that, I’ll chime in on whether I think contacting the parents/police is a good option.

Im guessing 12-15yrs(AOL is Bradmeyer12 so maybe 12?) old. And that post is perfect, it says everything I need to say, in a nicely written, appealing way. Looks like im screwed. I dont thinking im getting much from yoyomasterall. I will try and contact parents, and possibly call police. I mean, that is worth a lot. Canvas+ Dark Sonic+Essence? All b grade, all smooth, canvas was mint besides the anno flaws(Why its fg), essence had 2 sanded down scratches, and dark sonic was near mint with slight vibe. thats at least 200$, and at 13, that is a lot!(i am 13)
EDIT: All yoyos have conveniantly been traded. Either way, this could be fishy. If he kept them, he is lying. If he traded them, he was tampering with evidence(Look at me, getting technical.) Or else he really wanted to trade them, but nobody trades a canvas!(i did, but for good reason, it was for a chief)

Here’s a video, probably playing your yoyo.

By the way he conducts himself, I have no reason not to believe he didn’t scam you.

He basically said “I’m leaving, go ahead and give me negative feedback” cuz he has nothing left to say.

He has no pride.

Dingo54 really doesn’t deserve to be screwed over.  He is very generous and kind and surprisingly humble for a 13 year old.

Sigh, There are ways of searching for land line numbers if you still have his address, someone should call his house and talk to his Father.

I mean… if that was your FG Canvas… he just let it hit the floor. If it is your FG Canvas, it’s not in the same condition it was in before.

NO!!! My Canvas!!! In all seriousness though, that guy really needs to do something about this.

Here is a video showcasing that yoyomasterall is friends with Nehemiah, member Crossstrings who was involved in a recent scamming.

Here is the thread.

Would be fitting for two scammers to be friends.

I would suggest doing a reverse lookup on his address and calling his house number and explaining your situation. I’d make sure to ask for Mr. such and such and hopefully you can explain yourself to the father and get it all sorted out.

Okay, since he is under age, I recommend trying to contact a parent, by phone, snail mail, or in person if need be, regarding this. If anyone has a phone number or address for him, that would be a start.

You are very, very articulate for your age Dingo, but it will add a lot more seriousness to this situation, if you have your parent speak directly to Yoyomasterall’s parent, or write the letter for you. If you write a letter, be selective about the forwarding address details so it is less likely to be intercepted. If you prefer to handle trade resolution on your own rather than enlist a parent’s help, other forum members, including myself, will help you.

Yoyomasterall finally did the right thing when there was a trade issue in the past, and he should resolve this with you now. He can leave the forum, but if he is ever going to join another one, go to contests, promote his youtube channel, use facebook, twitter and so on, or get sponsored someday, he should clear his name on this. It is not just someone saying he is not a nice guy or something, as what he did might be considered akin to stealing from someone, so he should want this resolved.

Also, something else that needs to be said. There are many young people who conduct themselves professionally, articulate and take their trade matters seriously. Unfortunately, there are some who are giving other young people a bad name, because they are too immature to be active and responsible in the BST. Dingo, who is the same age as Yoyomasterall has conducted over 40 transactions with positive results. Yoyomasterall, with less experience, seems to be having difficulty.

I am hoping that you will not need to take any further steps to resolve this, and Yoyomasterall will take care of things and return to business as usual on the forum. I watched his video, and he has skills, but if he is going to continue buying yo-yos and throwing, he does not want to be a BST outcast. He should make this right before it snowballs any bigger. Rather than get parents involved, it is preferable that Yoyomasterall post about how he will resolve the issue, as agreed by Dingo, and give a date when this will be put to rest.

I wouldn’t really call Crossstrings a scammer, he did compensate for the fake YYR by sending Cole a Heavy Hitter 2 and an Irony.  And I did a trade with him that went very smoothly.

this is ridicoulus. now you try to tie me and nehemiah together? leave him out of this. i sent dingo54 a message offering him a cascade 7075 super g and 09 severe to make up for the throws he sent me ehich where an fg canvas b+ darks sonic b+ essence. but i told him if the chief and gnar return to me we gotta work something out. im waiting for his reply

Good job. It took a little motivating, but you did the right thing. Lessons learned for both sides for the future.
Save your PMs

Did they merge this thread?

I agree with this. I checked the box for the option to save every message to my outbox. I only delete everything related to a BST deal, when feedback has been submitted on both sides.

Also, with the new post office system, your receipt is the only thing with the tracking number on it. No more little florescent green slips that get stamped too. If you have a cell phone or ipod, as soon as a clerk hands you the receipt, take a photo of it with your cellphone or ipod in case it gets lost or misplaced you still have a record.

Document your packing and shipping efforts…you may need proof to show someone else. I am glad Yoyomasterall made an offer to Dingo. It is nice to see young people try to resolve a dispute without getting parents or other adults directly involved.

Okay. I fell asleep last night, and I am alright with the deal he has offered. Then, if the chief and gnarwhal comes back to him he said he will ship them, and ill ship the super g, cascade, and severe back. So everyone knows I have been compensated, and this is resolved for now. If any arguements start, I will lock this thread until I receive the yoyos, then unlock it.

Make sure he gives you the tracking this time.

yes, he says he will ship himself so it will not get lost.

It wouldn’t be a terrible idea for both of you to post the tracking numbers in this thread, that way there is public evidence of everything. Actually, it might not be a bad idea for each of you to also take and post a picture of the packages you are sending, with the addresses and the delivery confirmation label attached.