Yoyojam Xcon Pro: rings just suddenly fell off

I have had my Xcon Pro for a couple of year. Never vibed, never banged it up. I went to pick it up the other day and both brass rings just fell off. They will not stay on and just slide off, now. What could have caused that, and how do I fix it. That was my 2nd favorite yoyo.

This yoyo? If so, I have no clue. If the rings are set up like a new breed or dm2 however, just tap them in place lightly.
If that doesn’t work, glue maybe?

Judging by the construction of that yoyo I find it hard to imagine that they “just fell off.”

1 Like

Maybe a picture or video would be helpful so we could understand more easily.

I find it hard to imagine, too. I have no idea how it happened, I went to pick it up off of the bookshelf where I keep all my yoyos and the brass ring on the “top half” just fell off. When I flipped the yoyo over the “bottom half” fell off, too. I have never dinged that yoyo or abused it or anything, and its the only Yoyojam I’ve ever have do that. I’ve had it for a while and I did not know if anyone else has had this happen to them. When I get home tonight I will take a short video so you will see what I mean.

It’s not like YYJ injected the plastic around the metal rings. I’m sure the rings are press-fitted from the response side and can slide off that way. I wonder if it was left in extreme heat or cold? Maybe the HVAC was not running since the last time it was used?