YoYoJam replacement

Here’s an idea out of thought, which everybody who started yoyoing after January 2016 has probably thought: what’s the best replacement for yyj? So i created a forum were the throwers from pre- 2015 could give the newer guys an opinion on what matches the Dark Magic II, Transcend, Go Big, etc. I bet a lot of people would like to know, myself included. So, experienced throwers, give us your opinion.

2 Likes

Overthrow gives me phat Phaktor feels.

2 Likes

I’m really focusing on 2 yoyos: Dark Magic 2 and Go big. The dark magic 2 is the number 1 rated yoyo on yoyoexpert, and the go big was ben conde’s signature throw, and he’s ben conde aka really good.

Why not just get a DM2? And night moves x is close to the same throw from what I can tell

Any of the hybrids from Iyoyo, which is run by a former member of Team YYJ, scratch the itch. The ipon and spinmaster x feel the most like yyj to me. The nightmoves x is fantastic but is quite large and wide and doesn’t feel so yyj to me, but might be a good example of what yyj would be today if they were still with us.

Sturm Panzer’s phenom remakes are very good, and their take on the night moves, the NM 9, reminds me of some of the last bimetals made by yyj. The tinman by kyo is a titanium based on the hitman and is an amazing yoyo. If you spend some time with the anglam, phaser and slasher you can see how Mickey’s designs grew from the speeders. I also enjoy the several hybrids I have from c3.