Yoyofriends

Definitely up to par!

2 Likes

I am pleased to announce that 2X French National Champion and currently 8th in EYYC Williams Thamrong is on team yoyofriends! He is one of the fastest yoyoer on this planet and now improving on this tech. His current competiton throw is the raytracer.

12 Likes

Hummingbird or Raytracer?

1 Like

No like which one is better.

1 Like

There is no clear better one, as they are quiet different. I have a guide that can help.

8 Likes

Like @Mazdarx7FD said, that’s just a very subjective question. We’re at the point where yoyo quality is always on point and there aren’t any better or worse yo-yos.

You might be better served asking questions about what suits your needs better, like which one is more stable, which is faster in play etc… as opposed to which is better.

3 Likes

although the best option by far is to try yoyos out in person to make sure you know what you’re getting is what you want. Contests, group meets, and other events are the best for this, but I get that they aren’t easily accessible to everyone.

3 Likes

This is what the yoyofriends team use for competition currently.

9 Likes

I died at “Team Hummingbird” on IG, did you talk to Ollie before posting that? lol

6 Likes

Nope. :sunglasses: He is a one man army.

6 Likes

Hey @Mazdarx7FD , do you know if/when they are having Texas states or SCR?

1 Like

I think my friend Ben is working on that. I don’t know for sure but most likely.

2 Likes

Check out Dylan Kowalski 's review on the Dove!

4 Likes

Here is the review from Throws N’ Brews!

3 Likes

“I like how it’s a little small, it’s not crazy small”

Proceeds to show specs:

56.22mm
45.88 mm

Ummm…

Does Dylan think normal sized yo-yos are like 60x48 mm?

4 Likes

Well, we are heading in that direction… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Notices the same too lol. I think he’s refering to hand feel.
Even if the specs suggest a full sized yoyo, it could feel different in the hand. There’s yoyos that are like that.

Not sure if this is the case. Never played with a Dove ever.

3 Likes

Yeah it doesnt feel crazy in the hand to me

1 Like

I am extremely lucky to be blessed with this opportunity to lead a yoyo team and I truly appreciate the manufacturing team in China. It was a dream of mine when I watched the show Blazing Teens to build a yoyo team :joy:, sometimes dreams do come true. I can’t wait to see what some of these guys will accomplish in the future and who might join us later.

10 Likes

Quick update on team yoyofriends!
Thank you guys so much for the support and feedback on Dove. We will try to restock it here on yoyoexpert soon! If our inventory is empty, we will make more immediately, we are manufactured based so we will try to keep up with the demand ASAP.
A lot of contest involving team yoyofriends members are coming up, lets wish the good luck! Also if you happens to go, feel free to talk to them!
Here are the contests our players will attend.
Drake Bogataj (Sync) will compete at the Las Vegas Open hosted by the Scales Collective on November 16th.
William Thamrong (Raytracer) will try to defend his France National 1A title at the France Nation yoyo contest hosted by France yoyo association on November 16th.
Owen Titus (Sync) and Ollie Westrich (Hummingbird) will compete at the IL State contest hosted by yotricks on November 23rd.
Sam Shamia (Raytracer) will compete at the UK South Regional Championship hosted by the British yoyo association on November 30th.
Stephen Madden (Raytracer) and Drake Bogataj (Sync) will compete at the West Coast Championship on January 11th.
We are currently making a new run of Hummingbird with all new colors, hopefully they will be available before Christmas.
We are currently in prototype phase on both the Hummingbird (mono) and also a collaboration yoyo. We will try to get one of them released around Christmas.
The manufacturing team tried to match the power of bi metal Hummingbird with the monometal but it ended up being 67.15g, so we will try to match the speed and nimbleness of hummingbird instead and add a bit of width.

16 Likes