Yoyofriends

Ah I see. Don’t have a sunbird but I love the hummingbird.

I love the Hummingbird too. The Sunbird is a nice sibling yoyo to it.

I really want a purple Peregrine next… :persevere:

How do they compare?

Sunbird plays similar but it is a step heavier, slower, and more rim-weighted. It feels like it is a bit more powerful than the Hummingbird because of the extra mass. I prefer the hummingbird as I tend to like lighter yoyos but it’s probably not a fair comparison; the hummingbird is one of the best bi-metals made and it sells at more than double the price. The sunbird is great though and at that price point I haven’t found anything better.

1 Like

Ah I see. Thank you for the write up. Hopefully the Ti Sunbird would be lighter feeling as that’s usually the case with Ti.

Just a quick yoyofriends update. We are working on 2 prototypes currently but it’s being delayed by Usps. Usps didn’t ship a package right to one of my player and out of respect and how we run things, I want every intended player’s input before moving on changing designs. However we are making a new run of Koi, Hummingbird, and Dove, with a new run of Koi set to release in June. Full announcement soon. Also we are working on ti sunbird as well. We are trying our best to lower cost. So far I know raw will be below 300 with other variants around 300. Full pricing details to be determined. We really want to bring the high quality of yoyofriends to the masses, even in titanium. Yes we will go through retailer here at yoyoexpert.

11 Likes

I’m really excited to hear more about the Ti Sunbird. I love the AL version a ton.

1 Like

Checkout yoyojoe’s review on the ti sunbird! For production everything will stay the same except a gap width change from 4.42 to 4.38.

7 Likes

New run of Koi featuring navy blue, gold, galaxy splash, rosegold/lavender fade and green. Available on yoyoexpert June 9th.

9 Likes

Now that is a proper Galaxy splash.

5 Likes

Closer look at the upcoming colorways!

6 Likes

Does the entire YoyoFriends team compete with the Peregrine?

recently picked up the galaxy splash Koi and its probably my favorite yoyo. Kudos, and keep up the amazing work Yoyo Friends!

1 Like

Tony, Malte, Owen, Stephen, Williams and Sam compete with Peregrine. Ollie competes with Hummingbird. Drake competes with Sync. I don’t compete but I main peregrine.

9 Likes

Titanum Sunbird, en routh to yoyoexpert! You guys are going to like the pricing. :grin:

14 Likes

Any pics?

1 Like

yoyojoe1 and Dylan kowalski did YouTube reviews on them just pause and enjoy :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t think Lucas Decker made a video on the ti sunbird :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

My broken wrist doesn’t care i need this in my life lol.

1 Like

I was wondering if there’s an anodized version, or raw only?