Yoyofactory Mystery Bag Thread (spoilers)

Honestly, this is fair. Some years the mystery box is a real banger like this year, other years we get… Some mediocre boxes from YYF.

I was lucky. Had a general idea that the “signature” was more than likely Gentry’s new thing or Hunter’s. Hunter has been… not so subtly implying that it could be on the way and Gentry outright teased its existence in some stream, so I knew at the very least the sig was gonna be a banger.

3 Likes

I thought it was gonna be toya’s signature from the yoyofactory stream about a month back.

The moonlight is a banger, I loved it from the first throw. I haven’t thrown the r-type much, my quick impression is I prefer the IQ, but sometimes it takes a while for me to grok a yoyo. Overall this was an amazing deal and I’m very happy with them.

5 Likes

What titanium yoyo was on sale?

I think he might be mixing up the Yoyofactory and Yoyofriends mystery sales.

1 Like

Ooh, forgot about the YYFr misery boxes. Would love to know what Titanium was in there.

1 Like

Now I can’t wait for the yyfr boxes!! I initially got the bimetal box. Then a few days went by and I saw there was still a few left of the level 1 box so I said wth and got one. The picture they have there teasing it looks pretty cool almost looks like a Vapormotion with a poly carb body/shell and aluminum cap but that can’t be right cuz the description makes it sounds like it the other way around. Fingers crossed that the random b grades included are some bangers

3 Likes

Update on my opinion on the Moonlight and the R4-Type

They’re both total bangers, but I kinda find myself preferring R4-Type

Moonlight just feels a bit too heavy on the string. I played with it and Brexia (brass exia) back to back, and despite the Brexia being heavier and having an overall more generally slow playstyle, Moonlight’s weight distribution kinda makes it feel a bit more sluggish. Tugs on the fingers a bit more, is harder to redirect as well, etc.

Great example of a yoyo that can move fast, but lacks maneuverability. I.e Fast movement =/= maneuverability.

Not to say Moonlight sucks, it’s still a great bimetal. R4-Type just feels a bit more maneuverable so I find myself preferring it more.

EDIT: Need more time to decide where they place on the tierlist tho.

2 Likes

Fyi the deal is going again although not as great it’s still good

2 Likes