YoYoFactory - Made in USA

I agree. I wouldn’t want someone on the forum acting phony, because they thought it might better sell stuff. I value real people with real opinions. I also think it’s okay to respond in kind.

• the topic aside, I still don’t find it appropriate for the co-owner of A company to be carrying this argument on the forums. If he wanted to make a blog, or even a YouTube video stating his case for concern I would find that much more appropriate, even if he just started the thread and let it carry out without further comment I would feel differntly. But to follow the forum and continue to argue with members/customers just seems a bit unprofessional to me is all.

agreed. its always gross when the pros stoop to our level.

1 Like

The specific negative comments I was addressing were voiced on this forum.

Why would I make a deal about it anywhere but here?

2 Likes

If I said ‘black’ the same people would say ‘white’. Don’t let it worry you. It’s just how the world works.

Your running one of the top manafactures of yo-yos. You need to accept that no matter what you do or say there will always be back-lash from a small amount of people. But I guarentee you that most of “those people” still have a few YYF peices in their collection lol

It’s like McDonalds getting all the heat and negative comments about fast food. There are a bunch of fast foods chains doing the same things, but McDonalds gets all the heat. Which is simply because Micky d’s is #1

But we aren’t mcdonalds.

I still screw YoYos together.

Just because we have success doesn’t give people a pass of talking trash about us. The yoyo industry isn’t big or strong enough to not care.

You mean the same McDonalds that recently spent a ton of money making videos with Grant Imahara from Mythbusters to rebutt criticism about the way their food is produced? Yeah, you don’t see those #1 corporations arguing or defending their product/brand…not at all.

2 Likes

1-Exactly, it was Grant Imahara, not the CEO, or anyone else affiliated with the company for that matter
2-they did it as a YouTube video, as I suggested would be more appropriate. They wernt on a fast food forum trying to stir up arguments lol.

your opinion is noted.

coincidentally, i learned chopsticks with my shutter today.

1 Like

are yyf yoyos made of 6061t6?

Ya I didn’t realize this at the time of posting, reading further I realized most people were on about the quality, kinda makes my point moot :stuck_out_tongue:

But my point was way less about production in the U.S. than it was about not having it produced in a developing nation where workers might be taken advantage of. You’re certainly right in saying that most people that buy yoyos probably don’t care about that kind of stuff but I don’t think that means they/we shouldn’t start. I’m not about to start arguing politics in a yoyo forum lol but just IMO I don’t think it’s fair to say we should mind our own business on the matter when we’re a huge contributing factor to the industry (American business in general).

Yeah, funnily enough they probably also have enough profit margin to be able to hire a pretty decent PR firm - I’d rather YYF paid it’s current employees and have the owner do the PR :slight_smile:

Why do you have a problem with Ben posting here? I don’t see these arguments come up when it’s David from One Drop (even though he also posts here to correct misinformation as it occurs). I think it’s their right to post and defend their company, why filter that through a 3rd party when you can get the information straight from the horse’s mouth? Most yo-yo company owners (those smaller than Duncan anyway) answer questions on ask.fm, and they do it no matter how insane or insulting the question is.

Do you know who Razer is? They’re a multimillion dollar gaming peripheral company, and their CEO Min-Liang Tan is well known for posting on their forums, facebook, Twitter and other places to communicate directly with their customer base. He’s rude, insulting, funny and doesn’t take sh*t from anyone and you know what? It works, their sales have never been higher and customers love that direct line of communication with the CEO. I think it’s a direction more companies should take, not less especially in such a niche market such as yo-yos.

2 Likes

I’ve given out so many thank-you’s in this thread I’m getting a repetitive strain injury in my forefinger.

One of the things I love about these forums so much is that we have representatives from the top manufacturers (Steve Brown, Paul Dang, Erik Koloski), and well as many of the manufacturers themselves (Da5id, The Machinist, G2 Jake, yyfben) all here for us to interact with. It means we can get instant feedback to queries, get updated with current information and get a window into the companies that we wouldn’t get otherwise. The more the merrier I say! Get Augie Fash up in here representing Duncan, post haste!

Heck, look at what Ben has accomplished already with 1 topic. We haven’t had such an intense, in depth, discussion-filled thread in a long long time. It’s kept me enthralled my entire lunch break, brought many members out of the woodwork that don’t often post and even managed to stay relatively civil.

All we need know is yoyodoc and Kyo to get involved and we’ve got ourselves a party.

I still remember the infamous Ricochet thread that had pretty much every manufacturer and big name on here posting in it for like 15 pages… man that thing was a work of art. ;D

2 Likes

I think there is a clear message here.

It is important to remember that behind every screen name, every company, every product are ‘actual’ people. It is easy to criticize and forget that the person on the other side is real and cares a lot about their product and how people view them and the work they do.

The yo-yo industry is not the food industry or the car industry or the tech industry. It is small built by people who have their hands on all aspects putting lots of blood, sweat, and tears into everything they do.

20 Likes

I want to add one thing to this conversation. If I can give some honest and useful feedback it is that I walk away with more of a negative view of YYF after this thread. Knowing that the op is part owner (if what is mentioned in this thread is accurate) the thread started in with a strong tone and combative. I won’t judge intention, but that is how it’s perceived. It’s a tone that I haven’t seen other yo yo companies take, and those are what we compare yyf to. There are so many better non combative ways of getting the message across that I would think a owner of a successful company should be aware of. Why not produce a video that takes us through a tour of your Arizona factory? With all the social media at your fingertips there are many ways to go about your message. I like your product, and this post won’t change whether or not I buy YYF, but I hope you’re able to step back and take an honest look at this was presented. And now I’m late for work…

2 Likes

Lighter topic: Digging the Haircut and gyroflop Andre.

I do not have an issue with Made In China Products. YoyoFactory brings a good quality product to us at a lower price. Why not bring more yoyos into the community at a lower price? Outsourcing helps their company with cost as well as us. A lot of kendamas are made in china and the only time people complain about them, is if the quality is awful. I do not see this at all with the quality of “Made in China” Yoyofactory yoyos.

off topic - my apologies…

just wanted to acknowledge and thank hans and yyf for all they’ve done to influence and contribute to the yoyo community.

thank you for your countless contest sponsorships, for without which - we’d still be givin’ away TGIF gift certificates as prizes.

thank you for nurturin’ and developin’ yoyo talent for over 10 years. thank you for bringin’ the yoyo industry up, in the face of people puttin’ you down. thank you for designin’ and distributin’ quality yoyos at a price point where kids of all ages and backgrounds could be given the opportunity to purchase an enjoyable yoyo.

i am not an economist, international import/export authority or a creator of yoyos. so i cannot speak to how or why yyf releases yoyos made in china or the US. i’m just thankful they do.

hans deserves success, imho - and i’m happy to see his company thrivin’.

mgodinez

cloudy…

7 Likes