Yoyofactory Copying The Others?

Yes.

The yo-yos you listed all play noticeably different. You can’t honestly compare two yo-yos unless you’ve thrown them.

1 Like

Well I’m really upset that most yoyo’s i’ve seen are round. I’m also upset with how many of them copied each other and use axle’s and bearings in their designs…seems like a lot of them have strings too >:(

4 Likes

Yep, they all copied Tom Kuhn’s design for using bearings…
And then Tom Kuhn himself copied his stuff from a toy called “yo-yo”, into some… other toy that he also called a yoyo, simply by adding bearings.
It’s a shame…

In all seriousness though, yoyo lookalikes are no longer an issue like what it was 10-20 years ago when most yoyos looks more distinctly different each other.

If you want to go even further…  Tom Kuhn copied SKF’s ball bearing design.  :D  YoYoFactory on Instagram: "A prime example of the worlds first bearing yoyo just sold in eBay. @skfgroup #yoyo"

Eventually there is going to be a yoyo that looks like another, both from legitamate(non-bootleg) companies.  You can only go so far before there is a look-alike.

When are they gonna retail the bimetal Superstar?

There is no date set at this time. But, until then, those who got their hands on one when they were available, are pretty darn lucky. I agree, it plays amazing. If I was YoyoFactory, I wouldn’t want Superstar and Nightmare bumping heads right now. I think it’s better to continue rolling out Nightmare, and then drop that Superstar on them a little later. :wink:

I agree with everything said above about the 2016 Superstar. It’s Fantastic. Best $60 I have ever spent on a yoyo. I should have picked up another one and it would have only been $40 more :(. lesson learned.

Wait… there is a budget Superstar basically? I missed this one.

I wouldn’t even call it a budget superstar, but you can find them for like 50 on the b/s/t

I think the official release is going to be more money but who knows. I was under the impression the first release was a one time price.

It was after the mystery pack sales. Yoyoexpert had some Mystery box X’s (Superstars) left and were selling them for $60 each or $100 for two. I wasn’t sure if I would really like it, so I stupidly only bought one.

I haven’t played a Weekend but having both a Nightmare and Pulsefire, I will say they *look *similar but they have a way different feel. I feel like the Nightmare takes advantage of being a bimetal moreso than the pulsefire as it is much lighter feeling on the string. I love both my nightmare and Pulsefire though.