YoyoFactory Aviator 2, Available Now!

They are shipping to stores now, so they should be in the store very soon. ;D

Both will look amazing. Czpoint prob gonna be a little bit cheaper though

Around half the price actually

Yeah, YYF said on their ask.fm page that these new aviators will be the same price as the old ones.

Right, so the CZP will be around half the price…depending on colorway. I do love the engraving on the Aviator though, the “sight lines” are awesome.

Assuming the aviator will be like the dogma were the price is the same even for galaxy, the czechpoint will be 80ish for a splash or galaxy. So for $20 or so more, would the aviator be a better buy? I know they’re different yoyos entirely, but as far as quality goes, kinda torn on what to do.

Czech point will be 65$.

Idk, up to you. I love my CZPOINTs, play is amazing. Check out the review if you want

Well if the Czechpoint is 65, that’s a no brainer. I like lighter throws over heavy.

Me: look at all these throws I’ll never have

1 Like

i know this feel bro :cry:

just got my aviator today… it’s pretty freakin sweet, definitely best yyf I’ve ever gotten, might be new favorite.

^ I’m curious which colorway you have, and how it compares to playing the original Aviator (if you know). Tracking says mine is in the mail today, but I won’t be home until later. I woudn’t have much time to play them until tomorrow anyway. I got the YoyoExpert color and galaxy edition.

Um, wow. I bought one on a whim a couple days ago. Showed up yesterday and I haven’t been able to put it down. Plays significantly better than the Dream I ordered it with, and just about everything else in my collection.

It’s stupidly smooth. Doesn’t feel like it’s spinning. Comes with orange stickers that are slightly more responsive than others (when I tug hard, the string does that almost-starting-to-wrap thing that undoes itself before it bottoms out). Despite that, though, it handles backspin tricks like Supaflow without complaint. Suicides open wider than any I’ve ever seen.

The spin time is noticeably lower than super high-end throws, but still more than long enough for anything you want to do.

None of my CLYW/YYR/OD purchases in the last year have made me this excited. Can’t compliment this thing enough. YYF blows my expectations out of the water.

my spin time seems great, but I guess if were talking “super” high-end, I haven’t tried like a draupnir or anything like that.
Edit now that I think about it mine came fully responsive so I cleaned the bearing, I bet your low spin times are just a lubed up bearing.

I got alien galaxy, never tried the first aviator.

I’m comparing it to your average CLYW; I have a few high-end bi-metals or titaniums and I don’t know that their spin time is any different.

Yeah, I generally keep my bearings lightly lubed. I actually swapped its bearing out for another (thinking maybe it was overlubed and not wanting to fuss with acetone), and it didn’t make a difference. I think it’s the orange pads.

I am very much not complaining, though. I think if I swapped it out for a completely dry, screaming bearing, it would lose much of what makes it great in exchange for 10-20% more spin time.

Is the hub area perfectly flat? How does it do with fingerspins? I thought it would be nice if that ridge in the cup were simply distributed to get the same moment of inertia. Unless the ridge helps…

I bought one based solely on your recommendation.

I definitely enjoy this more than the original. But, I’ll give more details when I’ve spent more time with it.

I haven’t photographed the other one yet. This is the Alien Galaxy. Shout out to Matt at YoyoExpert, because it seems he sent me the best Splash ever. ;D

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/678/21071484456_053b845e31_z.jpgAviatorAG by Total Artist, on Flickr

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5622/20909589080_13c2fb8df5_z.jpgAviatorAGb by Total Artist, on Flickr

Oooh that is a nice splash, great pics as usual TA!