YoYoExpert Forum REBOOT COMPLETED!

It is time!!!

In 2008 when YoYoExpert was born it all started with videos, tricks, a few products and of course the forum community. As we grew so did the forum and it became such an important part of who we are in the yo-yo community.

In the 10 years since SO MUCH has changed and it is obvious the forum has needed a reboot for awhile. New and modern software, features, and ways to interact! I am excited to tell you we are there and ready!

Thursday mid afternoon the new forum will launch! All posts and content will be migrated over (we even brought over the ‘liked’ posts and Personal Messages, etc.) We have also worked to ‘preserve’ the BST Trader Feedback feature. The data is being stored on the new forum with a way to view it coming near future.

In order to log in to your account it will be required to reset your password using your email address. (The reset link might mention username but please use your email instead - it will send you an email with a link to reset.) Once you do you will be all set!

I am excited as we launch the new forum community to show you the new features, talk yo-yo, learn/teach new tricks, and plan some really fun community focused activities! See you online!

If you have any questions/concerns as always just email us at Contact@YoYoExpert.com and we are happy to help.

11 Likes

Super excited!! Can’t wait to see what is coming from the new YYE Forums.

3 Likes

Woohoo!!

3 Likes

Thank you for keeping this gem going. You, sir, are a true internet hero

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see it! I did a reboot for a forum once and it was a TON of work, but totally worth it.

3 Likes

Yes!!

3 Likes

Today is Thursday

3 Likes

Ooooohhhh much excite

3 Likes

The new forum is a good look!

4 Likes

A few hiccups in the move over - but we are HERE and ready to have some fun! :blush:

4 Likes

It’s good to be back :wink:
Interesting new layout, hope you guys don’t experience any bugs with it!

3 Likes

Luckily we have some really good help straight from the source when we do experience bugs to fix things! :blush:

3 Likes

I had a feeling it was going to be discourse, haha.

3 Likes

This reboot is awesome! loving the updates. Is there a ‘night mode’ by any chance?

3 Likes

Yeah - I wanted to tweak a few things on the night/dark mode first but I’ll make it active this weekend! :+1:

5 Likes

So :smile: this finally happened!

It is a big change over the old forums (and hopefully you’ll agree much better) but I hope this will help the forums keep up with other modern platforms like Reddit and Facebook.

I am biased, since we founded the company that wrote this forum software – but that also means I’m here to help with whatever questions people have.

Here are some new user tips and tricks for getting started:

Also you can send a PM to @discobot and get an interactive tutorial. There’s even a badge you can earn for completing the tutorial :+1:

4 Likes

Am I just not seeing where feedback can be left for people using the BST or is that gone?

EDIT: And I just noticed where you mentioned that in the original post…

3 Likes

It has been preserved. They are working on a way to re-integrate it with the new software! :blush:

4 Likes

VERY COOL!
Strong work to all involved!

1 Like

this looks clean! <3.

2 Likes