YoYoExpert Forum REBOOT COMPLETED!

Good choice picking Discourse; I was hoping that it would be the replacement. I love the emphasis that Discourse puts on reading…IIRC, they take into account number of posts read when calculating Trust Level.

3 Likes

So far so good!
Only thing I would ask for (or assist me in finding) a night mode feature. Something with a black or dark background, and not so, bright white all the time blinding me at night layout. Thats the only thing that has really come to mind that Id like to address.

Everything looks good, feels fresh and I think will be second nature in no time. Thanks for all your hard work! I do love it here. <3

2 Likes

Yep! I’ll have that activated by Monday. :+1:

3 Likes

<3 <3 <3

Super stoked!

2 Likes

Is there a way I can make the “Suggested Topics” that appear at the bottom not all be threads I started between 4 and 8 years ago?

1 Like

Interesting - that hasn’t been my experience. I’ll look into it but I bet @codinghorror could weigh in on what the algorithm is doing.

1 Like

While doing some BST work with another user, they mentioned that you have a limit on private messages per day? Just thought that (if this is true) this should be reevaluated. Could create unwanted miscommunication.

2 Likes

This is also how it shows up for me. All of the Suggested Topics at the bottom of a post are ones that I started, and not recently. Its cool to have a refresher, but. . . yea. Just a thought.

2 Likes

I have increased the number of private messages per day - I think the idea was to reduce chance of spambot coming in, etc. But agreed it was low. Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

The agorithm seems highly biased towards posts you started that have “unread” responses.

2 Likes

I am also having the same experience. I solved the problem by going to the unread tab and clicking a button (I forget what the button was called, but it was something like discard or mark unread. This will ask to get rid of everything that was unread, so beware; however, since the forum just rebooted, I’m guessing that all the unread posts aren’t of interest anymore.

3 Likes

Yeah. Its ‘Dismiss’ in the bottom left hand corner of the page.

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/unread

3 Likes

Yes, this is correct, the dismiss button is also repeated at the top if you have a large number of unread topics as well.

2 Likes

Desktop only for the dismiss button?

1 Like

Nope! Bottom left mobile.

2 Likes

Ah cool, just needed a lot of scrolling

1 Like

This reboot is just what this forum needed. Love having the same experience on my phone and desktop. RIP app you won’t be missed :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes