Yoyoers anomynous

Unlike Nemyo’s, this one actually is a long story, LOL. (Great post Nemyo)

My first influence was an Asian kid at my speech club. He was writing a speech about yoyos, and so at every meeting, he would throw and another guy got into it with him. I didn’t really think much of it back then (this was the beginning of the last school year. I kind of wish I had started then…by now I would probably be a lot better, LOL.).

Then, in January, one of my best friends brought a wooden yoyo that he had made to our bible study. He let me throw it, and right off the bat I could throw a mean sleeper, LOL. When I think back, it helped me a lot that I could throw a yoyo as soon as I started. A couple days later, I got an old Ja-Ru yoyo that didn’t even sleep. I tried to do Around the World with it, but since it didn’t sleep, I ended up mastering a crossover between Around the World and Outside Loops, LOL. I alos learned a picture trick our two with it hanging at the end of the string. I then looked into yoyoing online. I ended up ordering a Yomega Gift Pack (Brain, Fireball, and Raider) for myself, and began my journey. I actually became a huge Yomega fan for about a month. I went on to get the Xodus II, Dash (the old responsive one), and the Ooch Yo. And now, I only have the new unresponsive Dash, LOL. I want the Glide though…and Dietz’s new signature.

Anyway, I am now around seven months into this, and I have gone to Worlds, and won 1st Place Overall Sports Ladder, 1st Place String Trick Sports Ladder (tie), and 1st Place Looping Trick Ladder. And I have a total of twenty-one throws. It has been a fun ride.

BTW, sorry if you took that last part the wrong way. Not trying to brag, just telling you my story, LOL.

I stopped for a month because I couldn’t learn double or nothing. I always just slow down a bit in between contests, but when there is going to be one near me, I speed up a lot. Inspiration makes me yoyo more as well. My dream for now is to inspire other people.

It is called Air Circus. It is fun going there. I tried the glide there and fell in love with it :wink: