Yoyoer? Yoyoist?

What are we called? Yoyoer? Yoyoist? Yoyo player? Yoyo enthuast? Something else?

(This is kind of an opinion thing because there really is no defined answer as far as I know)

4 Likes

i like to call people “throwers” ;D

12 Likes

My English teacher and I actually had a debate about whether “yo-yoer” was grammatically correct.

So I’m sticking with “thrower.”

4 Likes

Crazy lunatics with a rock on a string!

5 Likes

yoyo-ologist ::slight_smile: but i usually say yoyoer

4 Likes

I almost all the time say yo-yoer, but I now and then say yo-yo player.

1 Like

I throw, therefore I yo.

6 Likes

yo-yoer? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

well, in indonesia, i think we called “spiners”. (at least i heard oke rosgana refer those who throw yoyo as “spiners”)
but personaly, i like “yoyoer” better

3 Likes

i like the term yo-yoer and yoyoplayer. In an anime series in china or japan i think they refer to themselvs as spinners, the tittle of the anime’s super yoyo

1 Like

Yoyoer or thrower, I guess.

2 Likes

yoyo-player

1 Like

I like to add something, and i really think hard about this.
The device is called “yoyo”, so the one who using it should be called “yoyo player” or “yoyoer” in short, and the thing that he do should be called “yoyoing”.
This go as a “game”, and the people do “game” called “gamer” and what they do called “gameing”.
What do yo think?

3 Likes

I like to say Yoyoist, as it make it sound professional. Just like psychologist, technologist and artist etc…

3 Likes

Another deep dive :rofl:

I like thrower, but yoyoist is kinda cool for the reasons you mention. I’ll remember that.

5 Likes

Return topologist

15 Likes

I thought Duncan settled this years ago with their YoYo player patch. I’ve got one at home I’ll post the pic later.

5 Likes

If you make more than $50,000 a year yo-yoing, you are a yoyoist. Otherwise you are just a yoyoer.

7 Likes

Solo: I am a yo-yoer
Group: Me and my yo’hmies

6 Likes

Yoyoist to me, is a more accurate descriptive for upper level veteran players like John Higby, Doc Pop, Steve Brown, etc…

Most others are ‘throwers’.

Not really sure why we need to have a specific word for what most of us do?

Who cares?

If somebody ‘sees’ you with a yoyo. Or sees you standing around doing yoyo tricks in public. And they know what a yoyo is. Then they already have a pretty good idea what you are doing.

If they don’t know what a yoyo is or don’t seem to care what a yoyo is.

Then, how you may describe yourself is if little importance.

If you have to give yourself a title to feel justified being a yoyo enthusiast, then you seriously need to re-evaluate your priorities.

For most of us, throwing yo-yos is something we do. It’s not ‘what we do’.

2 Likes