Yoyoer? Yoyoist?

I’ll tell you why, it is a carry over from the dance music scene. It is not enough to just call it Electronic Dance Music (EDM), or even general terms like D&B or House. No, they have to break it down into 50 different genres all with a different name. Ambient drone, Dub, Future House, Baltimore Club, Jungle, Tech House, Tribal House, Tropical House, etc… The list never stops. Pretty soon we will have a term that describes me as a Kentucky One Drop mixed response thrower.

5 Likes

I like to call us Bad Asses.

Or throwers.
Love these necro finds boi’s

4 Likes

When I hear someone say EDM I cringe and another turntable dies in the world somewhere :joy:

2 Likes

“Overgrown child” is what I usually overhear when I’m playing with my yo-yo in public. But that’s usually from postboomer yuppy SFW WWJDWTFLK semi-redneck normies so I don’t get hung up on labels.

Personally I like the “spinners” suggestion, it’s just the catchiest to me and it would be cool if that caught on!

Ivan

5 Likes

6 Likes

yoer

4 Likes

I think Yoyo player is the proper term. But i say Throwers most often than not. “Dude, i found out another thrower lives in town”

6 Likes

Player or thrower is the best description for myself. I tend to use them about the same when describing what I do with a yo-yo. Yo-yos do not define me, but some people will describe me as, “ you know Michael that guy that throws a yo-yo. “

Everyone have a great rest of your weekend.

I get called “yo-yo” kid but I think it is “yo-yoer”

Come comers

Nice haha

Ball Whipper.

1 Like