Yoyo throwing help

Hey, I’ve yoyoing for 1.5 months and I can do intermediate-advanced tricks.
However, when I throw my yoyos they just vibrate a lot. If I touch them with my finger the vibe will dissapear, so it is not yoyo problem.
How can I throw so there is no such crazy vibe?Did any of you faced or face this problem?

1 Like

I’m guessing that you started out with an unresponsive yoyo. What are you using?

Buy a responsive yoyo and use it for a week. I guarantee smoother breakaways.

3 Likes

Yeah I did, but its like I dont want to spend my money, just some tips to get a smoother throw.

Make sure your palm is still facing up when you release, don’t even turn your hand over till the yo is at the end of the string sleeping.

1 Like

Instead of actually throwing the yoyo, you could try just kind of releasing it, and following through the motion of a breakaway. Also, don’t try to throw as hard as you can; a smooth, straight throw is better than a hard one.

1 Like

I agree with eternalmetal get a responsive and practice there. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy a $3 imperial would work. Get a clean trapeze with that and you’ll be amazed at how much smoother your throws will get.

1 Like

I want to jump in with what @eternalmetal said and say to grab a responsive yoyo.

Unresponsives are great when you’re first starting out to learn how to “do” tricks, but not great to learn how to “perform” tricks.

Any time you need to gain smoothness in play, a responsive can likely help.

1 Like

If you can develop a throw that will consistently make a $3 Butterfly sleep, your throw will smooth out. It’s a feel thing, which is why more advanced players suggest starting out responsive. Dont let the yoyo thud into a sleeper. It has to be smooth, maintaining tension. That’s the best advice I can give otherwise.

2 Likes

you might want to lube your bearing but no more then a drop and you need to play hard for the next 30 minutes at least right after you put the lube in your bearing

1 Like