Yoyo Suggestions, Im lost

getting back into it, I love using my shutter but Im looking to get something new as my shutter is my only 1A and has taken a lot of abuse. Just learned finger spins, and I’ve been loving a lot of whip and bind tricks lately and Im looking for something more stable but wider than the original shutter. Any suggestions? I’ve been thinking about either a Marco, Horizon, or WA Shutter.

4 Likes

Horizon is an awesome choice!

3 Likes

The horizon would be a good choice here except it’s narrower than the shutter, not wider.

1 Like

The horizon is a very good yoyo but it’s narrow. There’s a whole bunch of great yoyos that fit your needs, just figure out a budget, browse the retailers, watch some reviews, and figure out what makes most sense for you.

I really love the JDS Shutter if that helps lol

3 Likes

I mean. If you like your shutter but want it wider…

Sounds like a wide angle to me. But I’m sure someone with actual experience with throwing a WA might correct me.

4 Likes

Would agree the WA is a solid yo-yo, I’ve had mine for a while now.

2 Likes

If i may, you should think of branching out! There are a so many good throws in the 30-70ish range now. I’d skip on the Horizon and the Wangle since they’re both twists on the shutter formula.

C3 released the Laevateinn, Windoundary and the Re:master Galaxy awhile back, those are on the wide side, and the Laev is pretty cheap. Unparalleled has the Elevation, still on the realm of H shape but prettier than the Shutter imo. Silenus by Topyo is comfy goodness and has been getting lots of praise.

5 Likes

YES!!! Thumbs up! You won’t be disappointed!

6 Likes

The horizon was one of my first throws and it still is one of my favs

Pretty much anything by TopYo is worth the money. I currently have a Mojo, a Silenus, and a Colossus V and they all play WAY above what I paid for them.

2 Likes

What about the YoyoFactory IQ. It is big, wide with an open-gap made for whips. You get Yoyorecreation performance; at YoyoFactory prices.