Yoyo Shelf/Storage, what are you using in 2021?

34 Likes

Some back lighting might look rad in those!

3 Likes

I notice a GBA with a very dark screen. You also have an AGS101 modded GBA?

2 Likes

I considered it but I’m not a fan of battery operated lights or cords. I couldn’t find a good compromise without running electrical. I also considered hinging the frame and face on the box to give access to more storage but I felt it just wouldn’t be used enough for the hassle.
I’ll make some with all the bells and whistles on the next batch.
What do you think would be a fair price?

2 Likes

It’s an ips. I want a ags101 display but gameboy restoring and modding has been on the backburner for a while.

Thinking about grabbing an analog pocket tbh

4 Likes

I have as well. Wondering how they work with flash carts though. That’s my biggest concern.

1 Like

They are stellar the way they are! Really dig the idea and your fulfillment of it. Price wise I have no clue. I’ve put $100 into a tiny single piece of wood and it not be worth anything to anyone. I’m the worst person to ask on pricing. Hours of work on Pink Ivory, no value. 20 minutes of work on pine and then torch the basic cheap pine, and people think $$$. I don’t understand it. To quote Ray LaMontagne.

Some of the mini led Christmas lights we put on a mini tree run on AA and have multiple modes. Flash, slow fade, fade, steady, etc. About $8 iirc. Some thin acrylic behind sanded for light catching? Granted this is from someone who is too lazy to do it themselves, so take any of my imaginings knowing, I’m not putting in the work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The analog pocket is so sick, I’ve been following it for a long time.

5 Likes

I LOVE that, brilliant idea and beautifully executed! I personally wouldn’t be in the market for one (no accessible wall space) but in my opinion that may be the coolest display system yet in this thread.

Ivan

2 Likes

Finally finished my cabinet, and turning my ottoman into storage. It’s always good to have a few cases too, lol.

28 Likes

Are you using the pluck foam? I came across pluck foam on gun case making sites.

2 Likes

Yep, I got 2” pick n pluck foam, and used the large pieces to line the bottom.

1 Like

The antique soda crate is a great idea. Around here a typical price is about $50 but I found one for a bit less. Photo when I get it. The price is fine considering an equivalent new crate would cost more and the appeal of a 50+ year-old crate plus it’s nice upcycling. Great that they have the right size spacing and hold 24 yoyos.

3 Likes

Sadly amassed too many yoyos too quickly in life before displaying them became an idea in my head. Now to build a display to hold everything would just take up too much space and capital. So foam inserted storage totes it is for me :frowning:

5 Likes

I mean how many do you have? I’m sitting at 250 and have homes for them. I hope you find a way to do it my friend. I love walking by mine on the wall and choosing a new one.

7 Likes

Antique soda crate from the 1950s. The spaces limit me to 24, the total of my current collection, and I’m good with that. Case idea credit to @Xanadu

24 Likes

This isn’t all my yo-yos… I haven’t hung the shelf yet and didn’t feel like loading it for a better picture.

18 Likes

My local target doesn’t have these…. Help!

https://www.target.com/p/2ct-adjustable-shelves-wood-bullseye-39-s-playground-8482/-/A-82274633

3 Likes

Hmmm… I haven’t seen the ones I got at Target in a long time. Maybe they were temporary stock?

3 Likes

Well if you see them again, holler! Those are a good deal. The one I posted is from michael’s and it had LEDs, but it was expensive

3 Likes