Yoyo Shelf/Storage, what are you using in 2021?

I got some foam remnants from an upholstery shop that are definitely big enough to use in a briefcase or drawer or anything else you might store yo-yos in.

1 Like

You just went to an upholstery shop and asked for the specific size you wanted? Was black available? Kinda sounds like a lot of leg work until you get lucky or something

I just walked in and asked if they’d sell me some foam and some black pleather for a project I was working on and they pointed at a giant shelf of stuff and told me to have at it. I got a big sheet of dark grey foam and the vinyl material I wanted in black. Worth calling one or two to ask what they have. The foam selection at Michaels and the local fabric stores isn’t great.

1 Like

Do you have any pics that could be helpful, thanks

1 Like

8 Likes

I thought of this mashed on some ‘Pegboard and Hair Ties’ others have posted, and drew up a brief diagram. My wonderful partner then turned it into a reality. My Fixie Banners:

Edit: They need a little refining, mostly a better way to get the hair ties around the buttons, like some kind of small clasp. Right now they’re just sort of looped through themselves, which twists the buttons a little and bunches the whole thing up a bit.

18 Likes

What if the buttons were on the back? Then there was a little slit right under the button and fed the hair tie to the other side. Turned the whole thing around so the yoyos and buttons on opposing sides? That might help? Just an idea I don’t really know

2 Likes

Could be a solution! The issue with not securing them is that the ties just fall off when you pull a jojo down. I also love the aesthetic of the buttons showing. If it weren’t for my vanity I’d give it a shot lol. I’m thinking shank buttons may work better if I ever decide to redo them, but for now they are functional and probably 99% how I imagined them.

1 Like

Is this the shelf from Target?

Hi @CravenYoYo,
Sorry for the delayed response.
Sometimes I can follow the questions in a thread very well.
It the question was for me.
No it’s not a Target shelf. I built it myself.

Cheers
Rob.

So I got this idea off of someone else on here. I thought it would try it.
Used a piece of Foam core and some paracord.

What do you guys think?

23 Likes

Not sure why the photo cropped like that. I will try reposting later

2 Likes

It looks like I see the whole photo. I see the entire foam square and bit of a zipline and kitty sticker. And nytro I think is the other? Unless w/e is below the square is supposed to be in the shot.

I think it just because I was viewing on my phone.
When I click on the photo I see it all.
Thanks for taking the time to let me know.
Cheers

Probably should’ve added that it is a nice photo. From just the photo it looks better than peg board. Same conclusion in person? Only problem is its full. No room for more throws.

1 Like

Hahaha,
I have three other storage solutions.
It all good. :grin:
There are still 5 throws in the post.
So I will perhaps make a bigger one.

@Almonds that’s actually the back of the foam core. The front had an old picture I tore off. But it didn’t come off clean.
I was thinking of painting it white to show the yoyos more.
And I also like that there are no extra holes.

1 Like

Nothing fancy but I just put this little display up in my room.

21 Likes

Sweet collection man

2 Likes

Thank you man! I really appreciate it.

1 Like