Yoyo Shape Variety

After trying a fair share of yoyos, I’m starting to gravitate toward competition-oriented V-shaped yoyos. Consequently, I’ve sold off a lot of yoyos that don’t align at all with my preferences. Do any of you also tend to keep yoyos that have one of your favorite shapes? Or do you try and collect yoyos of all shapes and sizes to have more variety in your collection?

2 Likes

i keep all the yoyos i buy, and would only give one or two to my brother on occasion. i play with different sizes and shapes cuz i believe it’s like a different flavor of ice cream. sometimes i might have a craving for one particular flavor and it’s nice to know i can have it anytime.

7 Likes

After getting a Life, I think I’m starting to realize that variety can be quite satisfying.

8 Likes

and even with the Life, you have the choice of going with the finish A-RT yoyos usually have, or something blasted like a standard G2

2 Likes

I definitely have a preference for O shapes, but like having a variety. Depending on what mood I’m in, or if I’m at home or on the go, changes what yoyo I might grab. My two main EDCs are actually a Top Deck and Komodo, neither of which are O shapes. Variety is the spice of life!

3 Likes

i don’t have a shape preference, because really, two yoyos with completely different shapes can play almost identically. so my play preference is as FAST as possible. idk why. i can’t even play fast, i just like something that i can fling around if i want to.

2 Likes

Most of my yoyos are V shape, the BEST shape. Not that I actively only buy V’s, it just so happens that most yoyos I enjoy or catch my interest are that shape

1 Like

When I started collecting, I made a point to acquire different shapes. Now, I really like O’s and W’s, and organics in general

4 Likes

Do you have any really strong H shapes? They’re not that common

2 Likes

Honestly it’s mostly some kind of organic H shape for me. Or full organic. There are some exceptions though. I don’t really do V’s though

2 Likes

The strongest H shape I have is the Firrox 7075. The next closest thing would be the Horizon, which really isn’t an H shape.

Nope, I haven’t acquired a strong H. The only two I considered were Benchmark H (the most recent one), and a Genisis. Never pulled the trigger though.

A stacked Genisis sounds cool, it’s on my “obscure collectable” list

2 Likes

I have been really enjoying O shapes. I’m not really good enough to do crazy tricks so I just go with what is most comfortable. I have been throwing my Shutter W.angle alot lately. I’m not really sure what category it falls under, but I like it as well.

I like a bit of everything. Variety is the spice of life, even if it’s just to confirm your preferences to yourself.

3 Likes

Stepped O shapes are my favorite - V shapes regen like no other though !

1 Like

I don’t do regens too much but aren’t Os supposed to be the best for regens and Vs the worse?

Something about a more round shape flipping and regening easier, shape is also closer to that of a looping yoyo.

1 Like

Not to say organics don’t regen well but my regens with my Fulvia are skrrrrong

1 Like

Glad this came up regarding regeneration.

I never hear people comment on how a yo-yo regens in reviews.

It could also be the aggressiveness of the response, a lot of variables.

To get a full rotation, less wide yo-yos work best.

2 Likes

Yeah I had always assumed round and narrow were the best for regens

Cuz that’s the closest thing to a 2a yoyo and all that

1 Like

That sounds right. I think less rim weight has the advantage here.

1 Like