yoyo responsive

ok…

I have a YYF 888 and MVP. 8)

They keep going back and forth from responsive to non responsive to responsive to non responsive…

I want them to be non responsive.

Every once in a while the bearings start to grind and thay get responsive so that I cannot do Wrist whip Plastic whip hook etc.

I have tried to clean and oil and also to just clean and play it dry for a min. but after a few min. they just kind of grind, get loud, and get responsive. >:(

on one of my other posts someone said:

“breaking in should actually be improvement. if it is going responsive then your bearing is no longer smoothing itself out but instead eating itself up.”

what should I do? ??? If I oil it after about 5 to 10 min. I have the same problem.

I’m just out of Ideas

Thanks

czyoyo :wink:

you probably need new bearings

the MVP I got the day before Christmas and the 888 I got only a month before that.

I tried blowing in the bearing and that made it better for a few hours and just now the 888 got responsive randomly.

:frowning:

Just put a drop of thin lube. After that, try to play with the yo-yo for a week.

Yeah. Put some thin lube in it. (one drop. 2 if necessary) It’ll probably stay responsive and make that noise for 15-30 minutes. So… if it still makes that noise right after you put it in… don’t put more in. Wait until at least tomorrow. If it still makes the noise… I’d suggest a new bearing. My 888x was doing that toyda. I put some thin lube in it and it was fine after a few minutes.

This is good advice. Clean it out by putting it into a film canister or something like that with the mineral spirits or lighter fluid. Shake for a minute or so then take the bearing out and shake it dry for about 3 seconds. Then get air in a can and blow it out to get all the residual cleaning solution out. Then add one full drop of thin lube. Play if for a week or so and see if it helps.

The cleaning process seems to be where you are going wrong.

this is what i did but thanks :wink:

What do you mean by “but thanks”? It didn’t work?

for trying to help :wink:

where can i get mineral spirits

Hardware stores and possibly Walmart should have it. Lighter fluid also works well.