nonresponsive yoyo questions

okay, so i have an 888 and a MVP. Even when the bearing is clean and properly oiled, when I do tricks like the plastic whip, the yoyo snaps back to my hand. Is this normal? ??? Has anyone else had this problem? ??? I’m really getting frustrated because I’ve replaced the bearing and tried every suggestion that I’ve heard of too clean and oil it correctly. >:(

So, now my question is, should I expect it to be non responsive ALL the time when it’s clean or should I expect it to snap back easily for certain tricks? ??? Maybe I’m expecting too much non responsiveness. I don’t know. ::slight_smile: Does anyone have a suggestion of how to do the whip tricks so that the yoyo does not respond? ;D

What is the best nonresponsive yoyo to buy? ;D

Thanks,
czyoyo

Clean and Oiled?

Cleaned? How do you clean it? how many hours/days do you let it sit and dry?

Oiled? What oil/lubricant do you use? Thin Lube is what makes the yo-yo unresponsive.

should I expect it to be non responsive ALL the time when it’s clean or should I expect it to snap back easily for certain tricks?

Well, If you put a tiny drop of YoYoJam Thin Lube or any “Thin Lube”, play it always until the balls inside the bearing will be soak because of the Lube that you apply on it

That’s what you call “Breaking it in”, It takes time, just don’t get frustrated or excited.

What is the best nonresponsive yoyo to buy? No need to buy since you have two great Yo-yo’s. Play and Break it in.

:slight_smile:

Thank you for your help! ;D

To clean the bearing I put it in a small amount of mineral spirits and shake it for about 5 minutes. Then, I put it on a paper towel and let it sit to dry for about 5 minutes. Next, I put the bearing on the tapered end of a paintbrush and spin it for a while to get the rest of the mineral spirits out.

To oil the bearing…I put one drop of yyj thin lube on a pin and touch one or two of the balls. Then, I spin it on the paint brush for about another 5 minutes.

So, after I clean it and oil it as I described above, it is completely nonresponsive for about 20 minutes and then I start having the problem that I described in my last post.

Any suggestions???
Thanks,
czyoyo

20 minute?
Play with it some more.
I think it still in the breaking in process.
Play with it for about a day or two with the thin lube and responsiveness in there, and bare with it.
Thats how i did, and my bearing become very unresponsive the next day.

I hope this help.
Kristiawan

1 Like

you said day. how many hours about???

What I do to make my bearings unresponsive is to simply thin lube, I dont wash or clean them

Im not sure.
I would say its vary.
But for me, its about 2 to 8 hours of intense play after i clean and lube my bearing.

Hope your bearing soon become unresponsive.
Kristiawan.