Yoyo novice needs advice

Hey guys well im new to yoyoexpert i actually always stereotyped yoyos of only being able to walk the dog until i got a cheap clutch yoyo an started doing gravity pulls and then i decided to learn walk the dog and i discovered i had to learn all in all i kept looking up yoyo tricks until i found JD and Andre and from there i started practicing like crazy but a clutch can only get you so far and it was a fixed axle as well. i learned a lot but i wanted a better yoyo so to start i ordered a F.A.S.T 201 and a saber raider by yomega, i was just wondering if these are good choices fro a somewhat beginner and i want to learn 1A 2A etc. but what I’m really interested in is freehand so once i get better and start freehand what freehand yoyo should i start with. plz help

I would say get a 2010 freehand2, if you want to start freehand.
Also pick up some duncan silicone stickers, and string when you buy it.
If you want to get into looping you will need a yoyo designed for looping.

1 Like

thanks and btw what do silicon stickers do???

First off, please watch the language. Thanks.

You don’t need to get anything extra for freehand (5a) except a counterweight, and even that can be something simple like a bouncy ball with a hole drilled in the middle. That’s what I use.

As far as the yoyo, I would have suggested something like a Velocity or Speedmaker over the FAST 201 because they are higher quality and more…durable? I can’t think of the word but oh well.

Silicone stickers, as well as many other stickers and other responses, are the response system of the yoyo, which is what brings the yoyo back to your hand.

Do you mean that they have a more solid feel to them?

I started out with a Lyn Fury for 1A. Iv read around that speed beatles and the Loop Series are good for 2A.

what you got are decent choices, but they wont last you very long as you learn. something like a velocity or a yoyojam plastic or hybred will grow with you, but the fast 201 will last up until the advanced section. i used to have a fast 201, at the time, i thought it was awesome, but as soon as i got a higher quality yoyo, i instantly noticed the difference and have despized that yoyo ever since. it will help you learn though. rather than training wheels, think of it like jogging weights. it may be hard to use, but the moment you get something that is better (taking off the weights), it will be worth it.

thanks guys and sorry bout m,y language mishap but anyway i really appreciate it