Yoyo naming themes

If you’re looking to make a yoyo brand I had some naming themes to go with… example names that I think kinda sound cool are below)

Planetary bodies/space theme (I know that Turning Point and a couple others have already kinda went down that path but still)
Examples:
Io
Titan (ofc kinda mandatory for it to be a Ti yo, with other Jovan bodies being the names of color schemes)
Mercury
Sol
Orcus (fun fact- there are other small bodies part of the solar system outside Pluto- Orcus is one of them)

Biological theme:
Species
Phylum
Class
Order
Genus
Protist
Eukaryote

And finally a bit on the edgier side, but occult would also be a possible theme as well:
Baphomet
Mephisto
Seraph
Cherubim
Etc.

Seraph (Seraphim) and Cherubim are not actually occultic, but biblical.

3 Likes

Now we got a name for the beauty I just sold “Seraph”, because it floats like angel. Don’t be surprised if I try getting you to make a Cherub made of cypress or palm someday(I know nothing about wood, but it would be so cool if either of those woods had the proper yoyo foundation traits)

2 Likes

You right but at the same time i put it in occult because that’s starting to get into like advanced biblical stuff

I’m thinking of starting a new brand named ART!

Each ART! yoyo design would be named after a famous artist with colorways that match their most famous works.

1 Like

Warhol would have to be blue, white, yellow and red then

1 Like

Tbh this is an amazing idea omg! it’s a shame that the brand a-rt exist (even if with a different meaning but looks so similar and the pun is probably intended by them) but your idea is really amazing, I would love something done like that also I am sure all the graphics and the whole concept behind the brand aesthetic is sick!

Amazing one!

1 Like

there is already a ti rimmed yoyojam yoyo called the titan

A yoyo series themed after cameras!

• Shutter
  • Canon
  • Snapshot
  • Wide Angle
  • Focus
  • Panorama

This is a joke, I know that all of these are existing yoyo names. It’s really hard to find good names that haven’t already been used somewhere - and it’s not uncommon for even well established companies to reuse names from other companies, sometimes even at the same time

1 Like

I feel that biological themes havent been used enough but yeah I have seen a lot of similarities in naming