Yoyo king ghost

I recently bought a yo-yo king ghost. It’s my first metal Yoyo. I really like it so far but it’s not that responsive. I have a friend that has a new ghost as well (silver instead of my black one) and it seems to be a lot more responsive. Is it possible (even though they are both ghost) that they have different bearings? I have the u responsive bearing that came with it but it’s not installed on the Yoyo.

1 Like

When I bought a space monkey which is very similar the pads were too slippy (I played it most unresponsive). Try swapping them with a non-spintastics set or diy silicone. I did the silicone and the yoyo played way better and actually binded.

1 Like

If you have the slim bearing installed, you can add thick lube (almost any household lubricant will do, like 3-in-1 oil or even grease) to make it more responsive.

The wide bearing should spin smoothly out of the box, and shouldn’t require lubing though.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try that!

1 Like

Lubing the bearing worked! I used a drop or two of trumpet valve oil. Thank you very much. I’m still a beginner so I’m not ready for my yo-yo to be non-responsive.

3 Likes

Ah yes, trumpet valve oil is thin oil so not ideal for this (you want thick oil for unresponsive), but if you use enough of it, it’ll work too :wink:

2 Likes

Would a touch of Vaseline work? Valve oil only worked for a little while

Yes, that will work.