Yoyo holders

Haven’t seen anything for yoyo holders so thought I would post this. I’ve gotten a bunch over the years and thought I could show them off. The ones listed below are a little backpack off etsy, a bsp doc pop pouch (had to do surgery to remove the old belt clip), crucial holder, werrd holder, and a stunt pilot holder.

9 Likes

Great topic choice @yoyojoe! Tooting my own horn here… :upside_down_face: I have been low-key selling these holsters here on the forum for a few months now and people have been enjoying them.
FS: The Bear Hug: A handmade tailor-fit holster for the Ti-Vayder yoyo (fits most modern yoyos)

Also designed these leather yoyo pouches a few years back. - I have never sold them because I hand-stitch them and they are likely too labour-intensive to price reasonably. I posted this tutorial a few years ago on how to make one - for those interested (the image is the link). If you have any questions, feel free to contact me!

edit: I have always had an obsession with EDC and carrying solutions. I spend a lot of time designing carry-cases for all of my hobby/life items. Who else is this into cases/EDC solutions?
Edit edit: most recent iteration of the leather pouch design:
8 Likes

lol I love the backpack!

I found a pacifier pouch that works pretty well…even some of my widest yos fit in it (like my Wide Angle).

I have a pair of cheap earphones that came in a niftly little tin that zips up. A One Drop Deep State fits perfectly into it! And the inside of the tin is even coated with rubber so the yo doesn’t scratch!

And I won a couple of these handmade in the USA leather straps years ago made to hold keys…but they just so happen to fit around a yo perfectly!

8 Likes

dope thread!

4 Likes

That tiny Jansport is dope.

5 Likes

I’ve always struggled with the best way to carry the throw of the day, which is a big part of why I have so many slimline/undersized yoyos in my collection. Seeing all these solutions is great! I guess I need to just get off my tail end and try some different stuff out!

5 Likes

I really dig the little knot pick tool!

5 Likes

I have a Bear Hug from @Xanadu made with cork leather.

I also love this holster, simple and easy.

3 Likes

@gomanual Thanks! It works quite well in my opinion. I make it from an anodized aluminum wire that is softer than Al 6061, so in my experience it is gentle on yoyo finishes too! Get in touch we me if you are wanting a custom yoyo EDC rig. We can work something out! :wink:

2 Likes

Ya! That design looks nice too! I like designs with a wood or plastic bead/cordlock. I get wary about those with a metal part that pushes up against the yoyo, especially steel or a hard alloy, because it could scratch the ano. With the metal eyelets in the strap of my Bear Hugs, I was sure to design them so they don’t come in contact with the yoyo.

edit: For example, I really like the Unknown Descender design too: https://shop.yoyoexpert.com/collections/yo-yo-holders/products/descender-yoyo-holder
But I don’t like the way that steel or chrome-plated brass ring would bang against the yoyo finish. I would use a 14 gauge large aluminum ring instead - still strong enough but not as hard on the ano.

1 Like

My rig is pretty simple, but it works! I just tie a shoelace on to a carabiner and it works great!
(Pic didn’t work)

3 Likes