Yoyo for cousin

My cousin has been Yoyoing for a little while and i think he is ready for a unresponsive Yoyo. I am going to see him on Christmas and i was wondering what is a good starter unresponsive Yoyo for him. My first unresponsive Yoyo was the Yoyofactory Uppercut and it is an awesome Yoyo But he dings his other Yoyos a lot so i am worried if i get him a metal Yoyo it will break if he dings it all the time. Does anyone have a suggestion for a starter unresponsive Yoyo?

2 Likes

In most cases, a metal yoyo won’t “break” if you ding it. Although, if it’s a bi-metal (two different metals) you can dislodge/displace the ring and cause nasty vibe - so I’d just avoid bimetals for him at this point. But most monometals these days can hold up to dings and such and still be relatively smooth.

Here’s two great options from YoYoFriends - a plastic and a metal. Both fantastic, consistently highly recommended options here on the forum. Have played both of them myself and was very impressed with the performance for the value.

7 Likes

A great one is the Aoe

1 Like

Cool i also love the AoE

I’d also recommend the AoE. It’s stellar for the price and decently durable!

1 Like

Also a big fan of the AoE and shortcut! Yoyofriends just doesn’t miss! That said you may have to pay for expedited shipping if you want to get it there by Christmas unless you happen to live near Yoyoexpert or other stores that stock quality yoyos.

1 Like

Cool! i live around fifteen minutes from Yoyoexpert so i am able to pick one up there. i think i am going to go with the shortcut!

2 Likes

I’m so blown for work I thought you were trying to trade your cousin for yoyos. JK lol but shortcut is a sick throw to get for a gift

aoe is great

1 Like

Recess First Base.

3 Likes

Nice i love that Yoyo

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: