YoYo Factory NorthStar Review

I’m sorry Cameron. This is what you said. Also you really need to realize that most of these people are trying to get the correct information to the OP. Sometimes if you are wrong you should just accept it and add that to your knowledge. I probably know more about yoyoing than most if not all in this thread and “they” are right. I’m sorry. Not trying to hurt you or anyone else. Also do you think that us mods meaning mostly me and Andre are doing a bad job? You criticize us then then say we are awesome? I don’t get that. You can tell “Andre” that “he” doesn’t know how "he: wants to run “his” forum and that “he” is doing it wrong.

Next time do what I should have done in the replay thread, Think about what you are saying before you say it. think about what might be said. I have been wrong on several occasions and guess what I did. I took that information and thanked the person that gave me that information.

Please don’t leave the forum because it’s not being run the way you would do it. Also don’t just use the BST alone. It is for active forum members. We want you to stay. Just remember there is always someone out there that know’s more than you at all times. Elephark is probably the most knowledgable person on this board. He know’s more about yoyoing and certain yoyo’s than anyone here. Even more than me. Andre is the only one that has him beat and I bet it’s not by much.

Take care if you do leave.

Feel in my hand? Big. It feels kindof bulky in my hand.
Material? Its plastic. Thats all i know. Also, whats polycarbonate? just another plastic?
Its not bead blasted.
Vibe? Mine doesnt have any vibe. Except on a bad throw. But everything vibes on a bad throw.
Does it feel cheap or breakable? In a way. I cant describe it.
How does it handle fast play? It handles fast play well. Really well for a bigger yoyo. It handles fast play kindof like my dif e yo Juggernaut. Fast, but not to fast. Think Ford mustang to Ferrari.
How responsive to lacerations? Not responsive at all. I can do all the lacerations i want.
I cant answer to any of the protostar questions as ive never thrown one.
No, the bearing seat doesnt break removing the bearing.
I believe that answers all your questions. ;D

I accepted the fact that I was wrong, I didn’t realize I had said that it was vibe, I meant the instability was what causes smooth yoyos to vibe (bad throws) more often. Like I had said before that is what I was told so long ago when I started yoyoing. I can’t tell you who told me but whoever it was your lucky your not me right now. I’m sorry for the trouble I have been, maybe I will make posts every once in a while and update my WTF² posts but that will be it for now.

Alright. Thank you for telling me that. i was kind of lost.

Does anyone know what the NorthStar is actually made of? I haven’t ever seen a definitive answer. From the pictures, it kind of looks like celcon. Uncertain answers I’ve seen suggest it’s polycarbonate.

I love the solid, “heavy” feel of a celcon yoyo. A polycarbonate yoyo can be the same weight as a celcon and still feel lighter, “hollow” and cheap like it would break easily. If the NorthStar is celcon, I’d have to give it some serious consideration.

It feels hollow and seems WAY lighter then 69 grams or whatever it is. Im going to have to guess polycarbonate, cause it doesnt feel like my lyn fury or legacy.

:’(

it still plays unreal for a plastic though.

I ordered mine almost two weeks ago and it still isnt here. >:(

Anyone else have a small bump in the center of theirs? I’ve been emailing YYF support and they have been awesome and responding to me through the weekend. It sounds like it’s from the axle but I haven’t really done any digging personally. It sounds like it’s not highly unusual so I’m mainly just curious to see if any other people are experiencing it with theirs.

Ive heard about that happening with protostars. its from overtightening the yoyo i think

1 Like

No. Mine doesnt have anything like that… guess im kinda lucky.

Start lifting weights. jk. Idk, mine took a lot of twisting from both me and my dad. once it got undone, it was just fine.

haha me to. espcially when im not involved. ;D

Yeah its hilarious…12 year olds dukin it out with bad grammar!

i am really concidering getting the north star should i ???

It’s great for a plastic, one of the best plastics I have played. But I still prefer Metals.

[quote=“Cameron (and his yoyo),post:15,topic:18126”]

It's strange you were calling them childish. you were the one throwing a tempertantrum when you were wrong.

Look at the dates on that exchange. It’s long over.

[quote=“XenixHero,post:38,topic:18126”]

Yeah dude, argument was settled, it was an argument that didn’t need to happen and was my fault for starting, I am still on the forum because I was convinced to stay. Stop trying to start another fight and stay on topic. So drop it.