Yoyo factory Catch 22?

So I was looking into this yoyo alittle. And I was a little shocked when I realized this yoyo was 460 dollars. Just wondering. Has anyone played this yoyo and if so would you suggest paying so much for it? I mean I would think that the Bapezilla, 888, or M1 would compete with something like this and you are talking 380 dollars less. Idk whatcha all think?

You could always get a Catch 13.

Even though it is 4 times the price, it won’t perform 4 times better.

I haven’t actually played one but I’ve heard that their really smooth and amazing throws. But the problem is is that it has a really intense shape and you need a good throw. But for how much money it is I would not get it unless your willing to spend that much money. So I suggest getting a C13 or an 888.

I would never get one anyway lol. But yah I am getting the 888 here in the next few days. :slight_smile:

Really, items like these are more collector yoyos than anything else. They may be incredible throws, but do you really want to throw a $450-$600 yoyo and chance dinging it? Dunno, depends on the person I guess lol :P. IMO, I’d rather keep it totally mint and possibly sell it later when it becomes a rare yoyo and possibly make some profit. :slight_smile:

Guy Wright uses his in “I Punched Boxthor in the Catch 22” right? I haven’t seen any other videos of him using it though…

where would you find one in the first place!?!?!

B/S/T

The thing that makes it so expensive is the titanium rings. First of all the titanium is extremely expensive and the machining of it is too. Problem is this isn’t all ti and they are selling it like it is. I’ve seen other ti metals new go for less. To each their own I guess.

I think the expensive part is machining it to the aluminum… Where as the others are all ti…

I think the rims won’t get ding
it will only get scratches
lol
idk exactly

$430, forget about it just get an 888 its almost the same thing except for the price.

Yeah, I think you’re right. You can walk the dog on concrete with a titanium yoyo, and it will make sparks, and only leave a hairline scratch that you can barely see.

EDIT:

I can assure you it is not the same thing. It is WAY different.

Well the Oxy Ti is more by about $100. Not sure why though other than profit.

The reason the Catch22 is so expensive is because getting the two different metals to fuse together is pretty hard, like Mitch said.

The expensive part is that Titanium can’t be welded in the presence of oxygen. So, to combat this, you would have to weld it in a vacum or in an environment filled with an inert gas. Titanium really isn’t all that expensive, it is only a few times the cost of aluminum last I checked, but the process of turning it into something else is really really hard. That is why most things aren’t made entirely out of Titanium. I am not studying for this but it is all I could remember from this article I read a while ago, so if someone has better info then by all means, correct me :wink: