Yoyo design

This is just a roughed out sketch to get a general idea of the body. My dad has a close friend who is a machinist who offered to make me a couple yoyos for free!!! Still working on bearing seat dimensions. Mine is the one on the right while a dietz on the left.

Looks good so far!

Just remember to keep the walls at least 3mm thick. I remember reading one of the guys from one drop posting that, and they know what they’re talking about.

thanks for the advice

You should send me one ;D

Shawn from One Drop told me the thinnest they go is 1650 microns thick (if I recall correctly)

You can go >2mm and be fine, ask Kyo. He did it with one of his.

Its really that going thinner can negatively effect play.

I heard if you got thinner instead of dinging your yoyo it will dent if you hit it hard but ive never made a youo and this is hear-say

Ask some people that mike yoyos like da5id, kyo, orsomeone else if they have any suggestions that might make it a bit better how are you hoping it plays and what are the specs? Also whats the scale on this graph

Depends on the shape of the yoyo.

What software are you using? I see that you are using it on an iPad…is it Autodesk 123D Design? I use that on my computer sometimes when I want to try to make a yoyo design.

The part that I am stuck on is the area right near the axle hole. You know how there is a little raised area right beside the axle? I have no idea what the dimensions should be for that. Is that part crucial to the bearing working properly? I hope not…

Autodesk Inventor is a great software to make anything, including yo-yos!

Good luck on your project buddy! Keep us updated please. Thought of a name yet?

i will just take my handy dandy caliper and get dimensions off another yoyo. Then so I am not copying I will alter it a little (like the depth of the bearing seat)

no not yet I am probably just gonna make shure it works first then name it