Yoyo design elements 🥰 😡

I thought it would be fun starting a thread about elements or details in yoyo design people really love or hate.
Please take it easy and do not critic other peoples opinion in an offending way. Thanks in advance!

Example to start with:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: hard and soft cuts mixture like turning point uses in most of their models

:rage: smooth grooves around the bearing seat

4 Likes

Mid centered weight rings are the best bimetal design

9 Likes

Broad rims

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Large nipples for the axle in the cup. Turning Point shows off that this doesn’t just have to be an outdated midschool design trend with models like the St. Elmo and Entangle series using it to wonderful effect. CLYWs with these also look great, I love all the of Peak-inspired cups like the Bonfire/Scout/Ditch/etc.

:rage: Outer rim bimetals that don’t have the rims blasted. I hate making minor contact with the yoyo while playing and having it immediately kill the spin. Steel/ti rims seem so much stickier than even unblasted aluminum.

5 Likes

Good or bad?

I love a bump after the response pad area. Inside walls going straight into the response pad area are something I pass on.

3 Likes

I really like the finger spin cup on the shutter. I like a good IRG too.

I don’t particularly like sharp edges. I love playing the Banshee SS but holy cow, you can really hurt your hand on a good catch.

2 Likes

Good.

2 Likes

Reanimating this thread!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Inner ring hybrids
:rage: Rainbow ss rims

4 Likes

I like when there is some sort of graphic that lets you know when the halves are lined up correctly and I get annoyed that all bearing seats are anodized because it always scratches instantly. I also don’t like really short axles that are easy to strip. Also more high contrast fades because then onlookers stop asking if the Yoyo is spinning. Also more flat bearings by default because it’s easier to correct, especially mid combo and they handle multiple layers of string better for tech. Worse for bangers and body tricks though. Also I want a bimetal w side effects. Also more metals that will patina. Also a light-up unresponsive Yoyo.

1 Like

6 Likes

Which yoyo is this? Maybe is the picture but seems that the halves are like in a weird angle, look super cool!

Oxygen syzygy

2 Likes