Yoyo cutting strings

I agree. I don’t want to pay someone to bring an item to “factory” when it is basically “from the factory”.

Let’s see how it goes. I’m interested in this. I’m not interested in the Echo because I’ve heard of this quite frequently. I’m surprised more of the modders haven’t jumped on this one yet to offer better advice. I’m thinking you just need to spend more time on it.

The rubbing takes more then a few minutes, put some effort into it.

I assume you mean for grinding. I just don’t care about ginding, so for me, they don’t suck. As a matter of fact, for me (because I don’t care about grinding) there are dozens of great sub-$20 yoyos out there that don’t happen to be metal. I do understand though, that if grinding is important to you, you would think they suck.

But my point is, in about 10 years we’ve gone from “The Worlds is always won with a 15 to 20 dollar yoyo”, to “you can’t really expect a cheap $85 yoyo to function properly right out of the box.” I just don’t feel like we should except that.

Even the ano isn’t up to par with the with the high end stuff. (JK)

It is not that 85 dollar yoyos are cheap, it is more that some of the company’s that don’t mask of the blast, happen to sell there stuff for 85 dollars. You can find tons of yoyos in that price range that are ready right away, and tons in the higher end market that aren’t.

;D Fixed! ;D Fixed! ;D Fixed! ;D Fixed! ;D Fixed! ;D ;D

Found a tough polishing pad for a Dremel that smoothed the blast well, then put on some thick polishing compound that gave surface a waxy feel. Got to play it a good bit over the weekend; Exit 8 is my favorite throw.

1 Like

FYI: The Dremel bit I used is #520, and the polishing compound was Dremel’s # 421.

I was reading this topic waiting for the punchline and all I can say is heck yes! Dremel is the GOD of tools! Everyone should have access to one! :pray:

1 Like