Yoyo color schemes

I’m just rattling out ideas for cool color combos that I have yet to see on a yoyo

“Thunderdevil”: Royal or Navy Blue w/ dark gold acid wash, blood red rims

Sunny sky: white primary, blue etching/anodizing near rings, brass outside rings

Hyperion: Golden interior, copper near rims, red rims

Any other color combos that you might think would be cool? Share!

5 Likes

I’m still waiting on Yoyofriends to release a clear, orange, and black colored Koi. Such a missed opportunity.

3 Likes

I would love a yoyo with a brown cup and yellow rims/profile. I love sunflowers.

I feel like this would also be one of the worst selling colorways possible. It seems like browns and yellows are both sort of unpopular, and I don’t think combining them would do any favors for their public appeal lol.

5 Likes

I get where you are coming from with the color scheme. I feel like a splash of green would be needed to differentiate sunflower scheming from potty humor if you catch my drift

A koi-colored koi should have been a pretty obvious move, yeah

1 Like

iirc this colorway was directly inspired by koi, it was from the first(?) run

4 Likes

So close. Maybe all the koi the designers had ever seen were really red?

That is really close, but I was thinking clear/silver or white as the base color with black and orange splash.

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of ideas on color schemes per se, but I wish there were more browns, coppers, and darker colors (black, charcoal, gun metal, etc). I know that they usually don’t have appeal like the blues and the reds and what not, but I think those colors look so good on throws personally. One Drop’s Pyramatte “orange” is a great example. Has a lot of copper tone to it.

7 Likes

i think a green center fading into a white body would look awesome

3 Likes

Count me in! Would love a brown and yellow schemed yoyo. Brown with yellow acid wash to be precise

there is a st elmo with that colorway

1 Like

Copper with a white or black (or both) acid wash. Just thought about this. Is there something like this that came out once upon a time?

2 Likes

Oh you’re right, so a little darker brown and more of a blended wash with the yellow and it’s perfect

1 Like

I had a vs newton septopus in that colorway. It was beautiful

2 Likes

they should make a pink with black acid wash yoyo

1 Like

Just looked it up that colorway is so sick. I’d blend the silver more like the black and copper cuz I’m not huge on splashes but other than that it’s exactly what I’m talking about. Sad I missed that release. I don’t think I was throwing at the time it came out

2 Likes

I think there is a pink and black acid wash SPYY addiction

2 Likes

While i can’t think of any off the top of my head I think there are apretty good number of pink and blacks. I think the Tachyon might have had a pink/black combo too

This turns a bronze/copper color when spinning. I like it a lot.

6 Likes