Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

The MMOI is 17000ish so I think it would be pretty powerful. I don’t know of any hybrids that have SS rims other that the Iceberg but I am not the most well versed in yoyos either.

1 Like

Design goal: Modern Hybrid heavily inspired by the Yoyojam Hitman

I thought of fixing the high wall issue but not flaring out the design into a V shape as that would completely change the play feel. The low wall makes the shape look like a combination of the X-ConVict step with the Hitman rims.

Rendered with both an old school glossy surface and modern matte transluscent surface

Specs:
Dia: 54mm
Width: 40mm
Weight: ~65g
10mm axle
Material: 6061 + PC

11 Likes

This looks cool! I like the fingerspin hub. What’s the MMOI for one half?

The hub was not intended to be optimized for fingerspins but for laser engravings. It was also intended to contrast the rounded and chunky appearance of the rims.

MMOI of a half = ~11,307

1 Like

Very cool I like this aesthetic and I usually hate a glossy finish

oh yea thats a yoyojam

Specs:

Width: 55mm
Diameter: 50mm
Half Weight: 31.422gms
Assembled Weight: 65.844gms
MMOI(of half): 14034
Body Material: 7075 Aluminum
Rim Material: 303 Stainless Steel
Axle: M4 x 10mm x 0.7mm
Bearing Size: Size C
Pads: “Standard 19mm”

Thoughts anybody?

3 Likes

I made a bimetal design inspired by the yoyorecreation Messiah. I have two drafts because the first one had lower walls that gave it a streamlined shape like the Draupnir but undersized. The second draft is closer to the original beefier shape. I feel like I want to be faithful to the original cup design, so I may revise these two designs again.

I also wanna make a bimetal version of the Six but I am unsure if I wanna make it an outer ring or midship ring bimetal.

Specs:
7075 + SS
Diameter = ~50mm
Width = ~40mm
Weight (Blasted draft) = ~64g
Weight (glossy draft) = ~66g

8 Likes

Design commission I did recently. Client gave the specs but didn’t have a sketch ready. Thankfully, I asked them for existing yoyos that can be used as reference, and some design cues they wanted to incorporate. Thankfully I zeroed in on a design.

Specs:
Diameter: ~55mm
Width: ~47mm
Weight: ~65g

3 Likes

I designed a 4A yoyo. 4A yoyos are probably the most difficult to prototype & design

Diameter: ~70mm
Width: ~67mm
Weight: ~76g

8 Likes