Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

The weight rings will add some good distro regardless.
To get the body weight up though you’ll need the walls to be 4-5mm thick, and use 100% infill.

I sketched up a thing:

This is with 1.1g/cm^3 density, it ended up around 49.5g with all the parts.

I’m more concerned about the outer rim above the weight ring - AFAIK the weight rings have an outer diameter of 48mm (radius 24mm) so the plastic surrounding it will be only 1mm thick, which is not enough. Probably need at least 3mm thickness there, which bumps your overall diameter up to 54mm. To be fair, the Butterfly XT is around 56mm in diameter, and a freehand is like 58.

6 Likes

That’s an excellent point about the size of the performance rings. Talk about having a total duh! moment…

1 Like

Best design so far.

1 Like

Im glad you like it! Thinking about making a small run for them.

Since my printer died before V7 could be created an played I had to get a new one.
But now it is on its way :wink:

9 Likes

I’d love to try printing that on my resin printer.

2 Likes

That looks really great!

1 Like

This looks rad.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. That drives me to make cooler stuff. I need to do some mod to fit in the side effects then I can share a gcode or whatever ur printer eats.

1 Like

Oh, yeah, a Side Effects compatible model would be awesome. :fire:

As for the file format, an .OBJ file would be ideal. :+1:

2 Likes

No problem. I used screws and bolts before but they do not really look so nice

Here’s one to try:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sxq_AzPkeLEcNRosPCDCBVYKkUru3sS6/view?usp=sharing

Cross section:

38mm x ~60mm, side effects should fit, but I’m not sure how tight/loose they will be. Will probably take a couple iterations.

6 Likes

Yes it takes some iterations :wink: I did 5. I would suggest to just print the seat else it is really annoying after 4h print time. I also did this kind of complicated shape for it but it does not work very well I would suggest to make it simple. I will post a suggestion.

this one looks like it would be fun. kinda reminds me of the spinworthy i have.

1 Like

This works way better since you can easily add and remove the side effect without breaking your plastic part. So as you see it is all straight. But just my 5 cent

1 Like

Thank you.

I do actually have something similar to this printed, but the hole came out too small. I sanded it down to make it a bit bigger and the side effects can be added/removed. This new design uses a slightly larger ID for that section. I am not sure how it would turn out on a resin printer, though.

Side effects are not really ideal for this, anyhow. Cabal guts would be much better. Simpler to design for, too.

The shape is definitely inspired by the Harbinger.

2 Likes

What is this?

OK now I got you

The Cabal, which is One Drop’s Delrin yoyo, has an axle system that is more cylindrical and presses into the yoyo body. It includes the bearing seat, post, and response groove.

Here’s a video about it that shows the insides.

2 Likes

I messed up the sharing settings, here’s the link again https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sxq_AzPkeLEcNRosPCDCBVYKkUru3sS6/view?usp=sharing
@zslane

1 Like