Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

so im downloading fusion 360 now but I know that you should not mess with the bearing seat, I was wondering if there was a file that I could download for the bearing seat, or if there’s some type of specs that y’all could give me for the bearing seat

2 Likes

You can derive the size of the bearing seat from known measurements of the bearing. Start there and then work towards more accurate and better guts as you approach prototyping time.

2 Likes
5 Likes

ok that tops the wried of wried

1 Like

Welp. I downloaded fusion 360. Lets see if I can make anything with 0 cad experience :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I’m going to download it some time today, though I have no idea on what im going to make lol

2 Likes

I’ve experimented with autodesk inventor I think.

1 Like

That’s how i made these yoyos!

1 Like

So i am in the process of creating this with a lot of help from @MarkD and rob from airetic strings. I’ve been working hard the past week and I’m really proud I have something to show for it now! Let me know what you all think!

Screenshot_20200410-223549_Gallery|236x500

6 Likes

ooh, snazzy!

2 Likes

Thanks! I think its pretty interesting right now

1 Like

are you looking to design a signature throw?

Maybe eventually! This was my first crack at designing. I actually designed this with another shape/design in mind that was made for me by mark. The shape didnt come out with what I was aiming for, but I’m really happy with how it turned out. The specs for this design do reflect something that id want in a signature yoyo though.

4 Likes

that’s awesome! excited to see what you come up with in the future. :smiley:

1 Like

I have a couple more ideas I’d like to play around with, so ill definitely be posting more once I polish this one up a bit more.

2 Likes

Anyone have any experience with a mini CNC lathe? What would the disadvantages be compared to a huge machine that weighs 6 tons? Searched around but couldn’t find any answers.

2 Likes

Think im gonna keep it where its at now. I added half a gram with the spike and polished it up a bit. Really happy with how it turned out!!
Let me know what you guys think.

20200411_180623|375x500

5 Likes

looks awesome! is this going to be unresponsive?

1 Like

Yea thats the plan. Im thinking about trimming some midweight and putting a bit more rim weight, but im gonna do that in a different file

2 Likes

I edited my design a bit more. Added some rim weight, took away some center weight. Mark suggested a 12mm axle because i already had the space for it, so at the sacrifice of some extra weight i added that in and messed with the spike wall to compensate. Think its actually done and I can move on to new designs

6 Likes