Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

The second two are amazing

1 Like

Thanks! You mean the quad metal and the green one, right?

I shudder at the thought of trying to machine that quad metal

Luckily it only exists in my “yoyo graveyard” design folder.

Lol no the quad metal was unsettling to look at, the last two I meant

1 Like

these look really awesome.

1 Like

Spent the last week or so figuring out 360. Here is what i have made so far. 51x42 weighs 59.8. A little smaller than i want and lighter. more work to do.

6 Likes

Oh shoot I should post these here too. I designed some tessellating yoyos, called tesellate so I could potentially make a bimetal version and add the other “s” I also made a dome display thingy lol
unknown-16 unknown-29

15 Likes

An O shaped mid ring yoyo. Specs are still wacky but the shape looks nice.

13 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

The profile and steel rims look nice, but the cup is too AR-T like for me.

1 Like

You think so? They’re not really know for their flat cups. Almost all of them have a concave hub.

1 Like

Here’s a “very mk1” version of the above. Really hard to manage center weight with this cup on an O-shaped yoyo, but that’s what undercuts are for.

12 Likes

holy dude that looks so good, it reminds me of a sf

You have such great designs

4 Likes

Awesome work

2 Likes

no joke this is the next thing I want from Mk1 its so clean looking

2 Likes

so my friend from my yoyo club @T4t3z0r88 said that you need to figure out somthing about the moment inertia when making Yoyos on CAD but what is that somthing?

@MarkD

2 Likes

You can read about what moment of inertia is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia

Most CAD packages include a way to set a material on a 3D body and estimate the mass and moment of inertia.

Having a high moment of inertia is one thing that can make a yoyo feel “powerful”, because it requires more torque to get the same rotational acceleration. It’s analogous to rim weight.

When designing a yoyo, it can be important to keep it in mind, just as you’d keep in mind the dimensions and overall mass.

2 Likes

thanks so much, I’m going to start designing a yoyo this weekend just for the fun of it and to learn the beginning stages of making a throw

1 Like