Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

Aight. Thanks for the heads up.
Most likely I’ll go with steel axles if ever there is production, but I think it’s worth trying if nothing more.

I’m digging this patina, old brass look in fusion. Truly looks like a relic.

I don’t mean to spam, but appearances in fusion are too fun to play with.
Brushed brass and steel.

8 Likes

Can you somehow make them look even more premium? :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Platinum plating with TK style jewels? :joy:

4 Likes

Did you use any videos to learn basics in fusion 360 before starting on yoyos? If you did, I would highly appreciate a link to them.

CAD looks like Chinese to me right now :joy:

4 Likes

There’s all from first starting to more advanced features.

4 Likes

back in high school I learned drafting (on paper) and some CAD basics, then later some basic 3d modeling. The tools these days are a lot easier to use, though. I just kind of figured it out as I went along.

The basic steps are outlined earlier in this thread though, start here: Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

6 Likes

I’ve been having fun dabbling on steel designs

Full size (55x44, 65g)

53x53, 64,5g
We need more steel yoyos in this world.

9 Likes

Alright I personally have a yoyo ready to be machined but I’m just waiting for my machinist to finally respond to my chat messages

2 Likes

I would love to see a render of a design covered with TK jewels!:joy:

1 Like

Even though I really wanted to do that, just… no :joy:

What kinda? Shape, dimensions?

2 Likes

Also I wonder if there’s a button to enable collisions in fusion 360 so if I were to move something into an object it won’t clip through and create a logic black hole and destroy all of space and time as we know it

2 Likes

Also it’s about a 46ish width with a diameter just over 55

Also it’s a hybrid HU shape inspired by the Gradient

4 Likes

Now this one is nice!!

2 Likes

One more steel

I need to delve deeper into this material. The one drawback is the density, so the cups are always pretty bland with a nub, so I have to think of ways to make them look more interesting. Maybe engraving is the key, maybe inserts, but steel in itself does look pretty damn classy if I do say myself.

Time to oil the cerebral cogs.

Bit better.

8 Likes

Here’s an idea: premium steel yoyo with spinning rims. Class of the highest order, I’d say.

3 Likes

Slimline with spinning rims called ‘‘the Lowrider’’ with brushed black nickel type of finish.
MMMMMM

1 Like

Back to reality though. I’ve a little project.

I’m giving my 4a yoyo a one up to 5a. I’ve modeled some spacers for it.
shim
Why am I doing this? I want to try an oversized IX style yoyo without dumping IX type of money for one.
It doesn’t hit the dimensions perfectly, but I reckon I get a good enough of a feel if I’d like an oversized freehand yoyo.

4 Likes

I have a topyo TS and based on my playtime with that I’d say … no… no, we really don’t… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Not a fan of the TS? @Marm really seemed to like it.

1 Like

I think it might make sense for an organic undersize like the bowl mini maybe.

1 Like