YOYO Apps

Just randomly types in yoyo in the App store and found :

Duncan yoyo - A game featuring Official Duncan yoyo models. According to the ratings it has good graphics but really hard to play. Apparently you throw it down and bring it back up like a real yoyo (the motion only, don’t throw down your phone and expect it to come back up :stuck_out_tongue: ) $.099

Yo Tricks - Official yotricks.com iOS app. Tutorials plus has a shop with : Dominator, Illuminator, Luminator, Originator plus some strings and bearings. FREE

The World Yo-Yo Contest App - Official App for the World YOYO contest! A lot of Tutorials, Reviews and Info on the World YOYO contest. $.099 (this might be the one I get)

Let me know what you guys think and add on if there are more apps. Also if you have tried any of these apps. Yoyoexpert App would be awesome!!! Btw this on the iPhone :slight_smile:

I would suggest downloading the videos using SaveYouTube and then importing the videos into iTunes, then making playlists per trick, and then add those playlists as applicable to the phone via sync. I usually only have 3-4 tricks in my iPhone at any given point in time as I can’t handle learning more than that.

I download the videos so I can use them at my convenience. My ISP is dodgy and around here and I don’t feel like running up wireless data charges on my phone.

Currently testing our YoYoExpert Forum integrated app right now. :wink:

5 Likes

AWESOME!!! Finally, this is going to get epic up in here.

I like using tapatalk(im on right now) for forums but I think I’d prefer an actual YYE app

1 Like

Yesssss!!!

I have alot of music saved on my phone … So dont have alot of room for videos… But my wifi at hm works great, so I always use my iPhone for everything. I thought everyone on AT&T had unlimited data?

No, AT&T doesn’t offer unlimited anything. Well, unless it was that legacy stuff. Personally, there are legal issues about REQUIRING a data plan with phone services because of the phone. I dropped it down to the $15/month 200MB limit. I used my phone “heavily” during my Disneyland trip before thanksgiving, and even so, I only used about 3MB.

I have unlimited text. I use maybe 180-260 texts a month. My wife and her family use that rather than talk to each other. I fail to see the efficiency of making a 2 minute conversation take all day long thanks to texting.

Think about this:
It costs a company about a quarter a month for ALL your phone and data services combined. Tell me they ain’t screwing us all.

On the other topic:
It appears there’s been too many requests for a YYE app to ignore. Well, if I can buy yoyos from my phone, that’s a dangerous thing! Warning: incoming danger…(I got some money, must buy yoyos…)(

there is also another app: Inside Loop. although i find it completely useless

There’s a program called clicker + that I like to use to score yo-yo freestyles. It’s not a yo-yo specific app, but lets you click positive/negative points easily.

Is this a free app? I need it!

EDIT: I just downloaded this app. Perfect for judging!