Youtube put an Ad on my Video....... Without Asking

Isn’t YouTube supposed to ask/pay you to put an ad on your video? My newest video has an ad on it and I’m not sure why. I’m not even a partner.

They never really ask. They put ads on practically any video

Also, I’m pretty sure that for every view you get on that video with an ad, someone else gets paid.

No. They have to pay to put that ad up. The person with the ad on their page usually gets paid. Why they don’t ask anymore is a mystery.

Well, I guess they have so much money nowadays that they don’t have to ask anymore.

I would read through the terms and conditions for having a Youtube account. #6, letter e.

-Jacob

1 Like

I just did this, and found nothing related to ads.

They’ve always asked me about putting ads on my videos, and they’ve never done it without my permission. I’m honestly shocked they did that. The last video they asked me about was as recent as April 1st… so do you really think they would have changed their modus operandi within that short of a time? I think it could have been an error in their system… I would say try to write to them about it, but I doubt they’d actually respond.

Stinks, man. I hope your video isn’t really impacted by the ads… maybe try looking at the settings of that video under “My Videos” and seeing if there is a way to stop it.

i’ve seen this before but they only do it if you are using some sort of copyrighted music that is in the video, so by that standard they claim they don’t have to ask or pay you for an ad on your video

I guess that’s what happened. Not sure I understand why that justifies and unwanted ad though.

Because they own it and can do whatever they want, whenever they want on the site w/o asking your permission.

1 Like

i hate ads… but i love popcorn ;D

Try uploading a duplicate to see if it’s a fluke or not. If no ad shows just delete the “ad-ed” one. That’s all I can think of.

I’m really surprised you actually did the work to read one sentence on Youtube.

Try Section C instead of E. The part about “…you hereby grant YouTube a… license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content… including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.”

Sorry, I didn’t direct you very well. I expected you to search around more if you didn’t find anything.

But it that still doesn’t appease you…

Upload it onto your own server.

-Jacob

1 Like