Your yoyo sleep (spin time)

How much time does your yoyo sleeps?

1 Like

I give mine a couple of Valiums and it sleeps all night!

I’ve never actually tested how long I can get a yo to sleep now that I think about it.
How about you @vlad…have you timed your sleep times? What are you at?

5 Likes

My C3YOYODESIGN P.Wave sleeps about 1.20 min.
One Drop code2 near 1.50min.
One Drop x Clyw Summit near 2.20 min.

1 Like

I can usually get a good 5-10 seconds on a decent throw with my fixie’s, but I’ve never really timed it that accurately.

2 Likes

I set this record with the cheap yoyo shown, note the date. Then my sponsor rewarded me with a YYJ Mega SpinFaktor that I could break 8 minutes with. Haven’t done a test with anything new though.

16 Likes

That is freaking impressive @Grunt! What a cool experience/memory!!

5 Likes

Awesome @Grunt!

4 Likes

Haha! That’s a nice feather in your cap!

3 Likes

I tried timing it a couple of times but I got bored after 20-30 seconds. In any event, it sleeps long enough to do what I need. Keep in mind that sleep time does not directly translate to what you will see doing tricks, as the forces on a yoyo swinging around doing tricks are much different than just a simple sleeper and will tend to slow it down.

4 Likes

I recently tried to time a sleeper but got bored after 2 minutes. I was wondering if there was a problem as spin was dying doing a particular trick, but I figured out where I was killing the spin shortly after checking that it’s spin time was ok.

3 Likes

7-10 minutes (my throws are not very good)

4 Likes

I should note that the record was broken later that day by the guy photographed* below (I could be mistaken) . He had the brand new Mega with a ceramic bearing.

4 Likes

Ah records are always broken. That doesn’t take away from your achievement!

1 Like