Your worst yoyo injuries

so this happened about 6 months ago but I never got around to showing this, I was in my room playing with my atlas and I tried to do a sky bind or whatever that trick is called and I whacked myself in the face and then about 5 minutes later when the numbness went away I thought that I felt warm water on my face then I wiped my face and there was blood all over my hand. this was taken a few hours later (ive gained a cool scar and story from this) ignore the bad photo of my face

8 Likes

I’ve hit my face before with a counterweight. About 4 times practicing bee sting haha. But nothing else to serious,

2 Likes

Wow this got very close to hitting your eye. If it got closer by a few millimetres, this could have been pretty serious. I also had a very similar experience when doing 4a when the yoyo was free falling down from the air - I tried to whip bind it back towards my throw hand. Got really careless and was using way excessive force. The throw (was using the Flawless, first gen, weighs 103.4 g) ended up hitting my forehead just an inch above the eye. Completely my fault for being reckless. I started wearing clear glasses when throwing afterwards, since they normally come with high-impact polycarbonate lenses.

3 Likes

I hit myself in around the same place as you a few years back. It bled uncontrollably.

3 Likes

Luckily for me, I never really had any serious scars, mostly just hitting myself with a yoyo. Never got it to bleed though… One of my most painful moments was when I hit myself with an 80g yoyo in the knees

3 Likes

Thankfully no serious injuries, mainly just whacking myself in the face every now and then. I got a yoyo-induced nose bleed once, but thats it.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums!!

4 Likes

I’ve had a few close calls over the years, but my worst just happened last week. Let a small bearing Yo-Yo get off plane, and during the bind it came back faster than I expected and smacked me in the eye.

Hurt so bad I had to lay on the floor for awhile four days later my face is still a little sore. Important life lesson here is that I won’t bind a small bearing throw until its dead; I also remembered why so many companies moved away from them during the last 15 years!

1 Like

broke and dislocated my thumb. using a shutter wide angle lol

2 Likes

Never had a serious injury but I’ve had many close calls where my glasses have saved me from a nasty knock on the head.

Also randomly getting hit really hard on the knuckles hurts quite a bit for a few seconds and happens pretty often.

2 Likes

omg dude that crazy, I still have not had that happen (at least not yet)

2 Likes

yup. i couldnt yoyo for two weeks… worst two weeks ever :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :sob:

3 Likes

One time I glued two halves of a Duncan metal drifter to the sides of a responsive hyper yoyo from the mall trying to make my own “superwide” yoyo, my creation shot up and hit me in the nose so hard water started flowing from my eyes and I smelled pennies.

2 Likes