Your favorite strings?

10 in a pack

1 Like

I like Dragons about the best. They are ruff felling until broken in. They whip like lightening and loop well for me. Drakens are OK but thinner and can be slippy on binds for wide gap throws. Neither of those 2 have any real ‘bounce’, so if you want/like a springy or bouncy string you may not like them?
Kitty normal or thick is OK in bulk because I like to change them frequently (1-2 hours of play). Most others mentioned I’ve played are good. Still can’t beat making your own string though. Then you can customize it to your preferences or yoyo, match colors, etc.

*Remember you can wash your Dragons and it will revive them some along with cleaning them of course. I think MM said he just puts them in his jeans pocket when he washes them.

1 Like

Thanks so much for that. Sounds like my kind of string. Too bad it’s semi expensive, but the longevity pays for that. ::slight_smile:

I’ve been using Blueprints for a few days now. I am liking it so far.

Blue prints are on my list of things to try.

Got my kitty and candy wires in today, and I’m liking the fat kitty a lot. I haven’t tried the fat candy wires, but the kitty is really nice out of the bag, and after an hour or two of non continuous play, it only softened slightly (That’s a good thing), which is why I tend to like nylon hybrids, have yet to order a pure nylon string since hybrids are perfect for me

For mid-size and larger YoYo’s, I absolutely Love Toxic “BG1’s” & Toxic “Great Whites”.
These are some of the best strings money can buy…IMO

For undersized YoYo’s, I Love the YYSL Venoms, and the Ammo’s depending on the weight of the YoYo.
Also great strings for your money… IMO as well.
“The greater the weight of the YoYo, the thicker the string”, is my personal rule of thumb.

The new Toxic “Blends” are also a great string that it appears will be the replacement for the “BG1’s”.
Give them a try if you have the chance.

Sounds like a good suggestion to me! Where do you recommend getting toxic strings from? All I know is YYE, and they are sold out

Candy wires… The fat type is about as thick as regular string, maybe a little tiny bit thinner than venom. I’m not in love with them on my regen, I will try them more in the next few days, but initial impression is that they aren’t bad if you know that they aren’t actually that fat.

Fat kitty still holds it’s spot on my favorites list, nice sized, and I got about 3-4 hours of new feeling before I decided to chuck it and try the candy wire. It will probably physically last a lot longer, but the stiff new feeling was gone at that point. I definitely want to try the fat nylon and maybe 1.5’s if I feel like it’s necessary after trying the fat nylon. I also leaned the plastic whip today, and they handled that beautifully, candy wires… Eh, there’s worse

I want to try the CLYW fat polys now that I know fat strings actually play really well. The green poly string actually felt really thin when I threw my gnarwhal after playing with the fat kitty on my regen. Didn’t affect how I played at all, but it just felt smaller going through my fingers. Haven’t played with an orange hybrid today, but I will try to tomorrow, to compare it to the fat kitty.

Fat kitty neon yellow & blueprints. Blueprints are good, little stiffer than kitty but whips and slacks a little better.

I put fat kitty at my top spot though. They are just consistent and goood. I think someone told me to pick up some venom strings as well, might pick up a 10 pack on my next YYE order.

This… Dragon is some of my favorite string but it doesn’t play well with all of my throws. I find that I like Dragon on my medium weight to heavier throws. Anything to light or to fast and it just doesn’t feel right. YYSL Type X is definitely good stuff but I don’t find it very long lasting for the price. G String Solo is really good but on it’s way to extinction with G String on indefinite hiatus so you may want to avoid it.

Blueprint is my go to Bulk atm. Kitty FAT is incredibly soft but short lived. It seems there’s a general dislike of Twisted Stringz (I to am disappointed over Type A1) however I’m very much enjoying both Project X and Type E. Although Type E is on the slim side it handles slacks extremely well and has that stiffness/softness I like from Dragon Strings. Project X is my favorite string on my throws without Dragon, whips and slacks are effortless with it and it’s nice medium thickness with a softness/stiffness to it as well that I prefer to Ammo’s heftiness.

About Ammo… I think it sucks… Toxic Prime will be restocking soon so I’ll need to look into that as my next bulk string.

I don’t really mind Twisted’s Trixta I got, it’s kinda weird feeling, but not in a bad way, just different. I would even say I like it.

I have a 10 pack of Gstring solo already, and it’s nice, but really thin IMO. Sounds like I really need to try Blueprint and find somewhere that I can grab some toxic strings.

I actually enjoy Venom, I would just make it fatter if it were going to be my perfect string, I’ve never tried ammo

Venom is really good man, you’ll like it

I am definitely gonna pick up a 100 pack of fat kitty, I have been throwing my second string today, and it’s just as good as the last one. I can’t call it my favorite string since it stays new only for a few hours, but after that, they aren’t bad really, just don’t play as nice.

i thought my kitty fats are chunky when i first tried them, but i wish i got xls.
**** id buy xxls if they made em.

I was used to Kitty standard size, when I first got my Blueprints, I thought they were too fat. However after yoyo’ing a bit with it, I actually like it more. If I were to get Kitty Strings again it’d be fat.

Caribou Lodge Slack Line for sure!

Hybrid slackline does hold my #1 spot for sure

g-string, PX…until my stock runs out.

mgodinez

rain…

Kitty Nylon 1.5 or fat (both in either white or yellow no preference) for bulk

for more of a “boutique” string, hands down chubby lemon slackline, it iz soe gud

Type 10 cotton or type 8 50/50 for fixed axle.
YoyoStringLab Type X for bearings (Roasted Peppers or Paint Party).

1 Like

Cool suggestions guys!! I’ve gotten multiple suggestions for 1.5, so that’s going in the next order, and chubby slackline was already gonna be added.

I may try fixed axle some day, but I do want to try more yysl strings