Your Favorite FHZ Setup - NEW ICY FHZ pg10

Oh, I have something you’d enjoy.

One of my favorite yoyos I’ve owned. I’ve since sold it:

It’s not really super responsive once you break it in. It sits on the nice point where whips are still possible if you know what you’re doing, but can still pull off a flyaway if you’re okay with it lallygagging in the air a bit.

White Body/Red Caps is a pretty sweet combo. I need more white bodied FHZ’s. Nothing is classier than a white yoyo.

All white modspacer FHZ… Hmm… next FHZ project?

Pat, details on that purple?

Edit: Nvm… FHX… Your’s looks gorgeous.

I need to save up so I can get a FHZ

I agree! My plan originally was to purchase a black/black and white/red, and swap the caps, but as I mulled the decision over, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Maybe in the future, who knows. What I do know, is my White/red is going to be the highlight of my case. ;D

With white spacers, that would be something I don’t mind, as long as they match! :wink:

Indeed! Unfortunately, white mod spacers only come packaged with Pro-Z’s. Not a big deal, but requires a $10 purchase (unless you get lucky and have other options).

I’ve actually seen a video of an all white + white mod spacer FHZ, on youtube… here it is…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4X3KyZwzs4

Very cool. Who did that mod?

That is very nice looking! Maybe at some point in the future I’ll look into that!

That’s a FHX by Cyclontzy.

Here’s some more info: http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php?topic=85536.0

My MOD Spacer Freehands

Here’s all 4. FHZ, Metal Zero, Light up/Glow/28 Stories FHZ, and a Freehand 2 (Freakhand actually)

The FHZ is like the other ones posted on this topic already.

The Light up one is in my last post w/links to pictures.

The Freehand 2 is loads of fun. Very solid feel to it. No caps nor weight rings. It has a great weight, so I didn’t put any of those in/back on.

The Metal Zero. A solid and floaty beast. This has a bit of history haha. It has scraped my hands up pretty bad multiple times and destroyed an old X-Convict. I was throwing next to a buddy of mine when the throws collided. This thing got a small nick. The plastic on the X-Convict shattered, sending a weight ring across the mall floor. Tragic. Anyway, here is it.

and once more…

A little hefty 71ish grams. Probably the most solid feel to it out of all the MOD projects I’ve done. definitely one of my favorites.

1 Like

My God that Metal Zero looks amazing. Please do tell me; how does it play? Does it vibe bad or what’s the deal? What’d you do cut an axle head off?

Also, Definitely going to buy a Freakhand tomorrow, that looks sick as well!!! I had a lime green freehand I got from Toys R Us, but I gave it to a friend… shucks!
http://http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/willh999/Yoyo%20stuff/DSCF3075.jpg

Good lord, your ‘28 stories’ FHZ looks soooo great in this shot. Man, hat’s off to you for that one.

Finally, I must ask… Do you use the Metal Spacers from the ‘Offstring Kits’ with your Mod Spacers? (Shown in this picture) For those who don’t know they are slightly wider than the metal spacers in the Mod Spacer kit and make the gap very nice. Those metal spacers alone will add ~1mm to the gap ;]

The Metal Zero has a lot of presence on the string… If that makes sense haha. You definitely feel it. Has power and push. It can go quick, but it resists a little. Has a good amount of float. Pretty much feels like a wide metal FHZ lol. It had vibe to start with and it still has it (about the same vibe). For the amount of parts used in the thing, I kind of expected that. It doesn’t rob too much spin or playability, so I don’t care too much.

To take off the axle head, I just used a Dremel with a cutting head. If you try it, here’s some tips:
-Cut slowly and carefully
-Have something to hold the axle while you cut. It gets hot
-After cutting, grind the cut end of the axle until the threads have a clean ending. If the threads warp at the end, you won’t be able to screw the axle in.
-Cut it to 28mm. That will set the axle evenly and deeply within each half of the yoyo. Not sure if you want the axle deep within each half, but I’ve heard stories about Metal Zeroes stripping, so I tried to play it safe. Took a lot of trimming to find the right length, so I thought I’d give you the number you want haha.

The Freakhand is really fun. Different feel, but it’s a blast!

Hm, well I have a center trac in each of these, so the metal spacers haven’t been as crucial in my MOD spacers. The differences haven’t been huge. I think the Freakhand has the Offstring spacers I think (they’re brass? I have a bunch of spacers. Hard to keep track). The FHZ has the spacers from the regular spacer kit. The Metal and the 28 Stories have one regular spacer and a slightly wider brass spacer. I’ve been mixing and matching, and just kind of left it at that after awhile. I feel that the wider spacers and the Freakhand work best though. Might try to get more.

I highly suggest the metal spacers that come with the Offstring Kit. They make the gap perfect… Plus it comes with that 35mm axle… so yay, two birds one stone!

Anyway… here’s tonight FHZ dress up…
Has Fuschia LEDs installed

On the page for the mod spacers it says that the FHZ is only compatible with the offstring spacer kit, you guys are showing the small bearings kit. Is it done by using the bigger axle?

Correct. Read the first post of this thread for instructions. Basically you buy one of each kit. The offstring kit has the proper a axle and metal spacers… The “small bearing” ones contain the actual plastic piece that you will be using.

A note to anyone buying Friction Stickers - Get the Silicone Stickers. They snag less, are less grippy when you first put them on, and last forever. They cost the same amount too!

I use to own this and I regret getting rid of it a few years back at NER…If ANYONE has this FHX or an FHX in general, hit me up and we can strike a deal

1 Like

Alright SkyHigh, thanks! :smiley: If I can get them in white than I think I might be putting them on my FHZ until I can get it sili recessed. I’m kind of nervous about modding it, honestly.

As long as you’re critical of who is modding it you shouldn’t be nervous. It’s very simple process for an experienced Modder. Id go look for one in the mod forum who you feel comfortable With. I wouldn’T send it off to anyone with making sure they do good work first.

Well, I messaged Cyclontzy about it, but I haven’t heard anything. However, he also hasn’t been on yet. So hopefully I’ll hear something. I mean, if YYE will sell his mods, than why not? ;D

Either way, I’m super excited for my FHZs. Fun question; Nail Polish Remover. It’s Acetone, albeit water-based. I could still use that to clean my bearings, correct? Just gotta make sure that it’s okay to use that before I do it. 8)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but he isn’t doing mods at this time