Your embarrassing confession?

I have been playing unresponsive since 2008. I have been playing yoyo “seriously” since 1998. I have taken a more than passing interest in yoyos since like 1993 when I was 8 years old.

• I’ve learned every trick I’ve ever tried to learn including some pretty involved ones but every time I take a break from throwing, I forget everything I’ve learned during that most recent period. For that reason, I usually just end up throwing the same tricks I’ve known since like 2010 and earlier

• I play my strings until they’re shedding

• I play my pads until they fall out

• I can’t do a snap start. Like I can, but it looks like both the yoyo and I are having a stroke and the RPMs are super low. When I was 8 and my dad bought me my first Duncan Imperial+Butterfly, he taught me how to restart my yoyo by pulling it from the bottom of the string (which to be fair is basically a snap start variation). Worked great for him when he learned it in the time of the dinosaurs, worked great when he taught it to me in the 90s, still works great for me in the 2020s. Don’t need no snap start.

• I used to collect yoyos. Given current prices, I should have hoarded what I had for a few more years I suppose :rofl:

• In 16 years of unresponsive yoyoing, not even the smallest hint of lube has entered one of my bearings. I don’t believe in it

• I don’t know a single frontstyle trick that can’t be done on a responsive yoyo

11 Likes