You wake up one day and your collection is gone... you're starting from scratch. Which yoyos are you picking up first?

I’d go with an iQ and Speedaholic. Honestly, once I got these two, I have a hard time picking up anything else.

1 Like

I absolutely love that you did this.

Thoughts:

I really expected the RBC to place 1st or 2nd. Not that I think it’s the best throw in the game (it is really good) but because it is sought after and talked about alot.

I’m a little surprised the Markmont and Peak aren’t at the top as well. Just from the forum buzz I hear. I never would have guessed the No Jive and Weekender would have ranked so high.

Ok… now.
I’m going to update my Top 5:

• YYF Kapital
  • Throwing Sideways Sistine
  • YYF Dogma
  • Unspoken Mystic
  • Topyo Silenus
3 Likes
  1. MYY REX
  2. TP Mustang
  3. YYJ H3X
  4. YYR Sputnik
  5. TC ColdBrew

But honestly there are too many super nice yo-yos :smile:

5 Likes
  1. Gway Daredevil Fun Organic/Hshape undersized and super solid.

2. Yoyofactory Flame Orange/Teal it’s my favorite colorway so far and it plays like a dream.

3. Mazal Top Recitfier the sheer power, manouverability and stability on that thing defies my understanding so far.

4. Recess Tropic Alien one of only 2 yoyos that my wife bought me and the one I like the most out of the two.

5. Lathed Back Design Lagrange. Crazy versatile mini with all of the options that are included and possible. Plus they look just amazing.

Just the selection I’d make from the throws I now own.

3 Likes

Motion YoYo - perpetual
Motion YoYo - Centrifugal
Dressel designs - Kanto
One drop - citizen
Clyw - wish

4 Likes

ThrowCafe ColdBrew?

Now that’s a yoyo and a company I haven’t heard about in a very, very long time.

4 Likes

Just my One Drop Top Deck and maybe a 2nd as a spare. I have lots of totally awesome yoyos but my Top Deck is a yoyo I feel a real connection to and it feels like an extention of me. I probably have it in my pocket 9 out of 10 days. Maybe I feel this way because I know my Top Deck inside and out and I always know how it’s going to act / react. I guess I’d feel that way a little bit about a bunch of others if I played them as frequently but even during honeymoon periods with new yoyos when I pick up my Top Deck I know and feel “this is where it’s at.” I have too, too many incredible yoyos to think of a 2nd place…

7 Likes

Yes correct that one :smile:. I really like the design details like small cavities on the rims and the hub. They put a good amount of eye candy details which I appreciate. And I also like how it plays, it has a very unique feel imo. The only thing I never was happy with are the color variants even though they are also pretty uncommon. But yeah that is for me personally no KO criteria.

3 Likes
  1. A-RT Grail
  2. CLYW Canvas
  3. CLYW Peak
  4. CLYW Chief
  5. YYR Draupnir
1 Like
  • TBA
  • TBA
  • Calyx
  • Sigtyr
  • TBA
1 Like

Did you say an undersized organic H? I’m in. Luckily YYE still have a couple left. :sweat_smile:

GET it! It’s worth every penny.

If all my yoyos disappeared, all I’d replace (at least currently) are my MK1/Spinworthy RBC and a Duncan FH1 plastic. That’s all I’ve been throwing the past few months, haha!

4 Likes

For me, it’s going to be quite a few go-to’s… First off I’m hitting up the BST and Ebay for my beloved SPYY Stryker and Spyder 2. I’m also nabbing a Chopsticks Gorilla and for responsive stuff, a Weekender and Day Tripper.

2 Likes

It’s been a year.

My answer has changed drastically since my last post:

• CLYW Klondike would be the most essential pickup for me.
  • Something unresponsive and a bit cheaper, maybe a P Fulvia or a Hybrid Fulvia.
  • Gotta have a FH1
  • Pair of loopers, probably Loop 720s
4 Likes

If my collection was just gone… well first I would be really annoyed. I would probably get myself a kendama and stop yo-yoing for a bit…

After that passes I would look for a weekender or rbc for a modern responsive fix.
A good wood most likely a search for a tmbr or commission spinworthy or wildwoods or gates for a solid butterfly shaped throw. (Or whoever else may be on the small scene or wood turning yo-yos at the time) heck might just nab a no jive and call it a day. Idk I love wood throws this would be the hardest part.
Then something organic and something h shaped unresponsive. A hybrid like the monarch, a bimetal like a gtx, and something mono like my lovely kc west coast.

A plastic whip and a plastic 000

A good set of loopers. Probably would search for a pair of loop ups and a pair of 2020’s with the light up caps.

A good old plastic Duncan butterfly and imperial

I think that’s the silly list sone wood, some plastic and some metal. Would probably end up with a big collection again over time.

3 Likes
  • TP Hades would be the most essential pick up for me.
  • Something I can play rough 5a outside with, probably a Barracuda
  • Gotta have a FH1
  • Pair of loopers, Loop 720s w the blue/red spacer combo
  • Beater pair to continue attempting to learn 3a with (definitely not N11s this time hah!)
  • Duncan Butterfly for 0a
  • Panorama for the unresponsive slimline vibe (essential)
1 Like
  • Magicyoyo Katana
  • G2 Covenant
3 Likes
  1. Hydrogen Crash. Speedy boi and also my favorite yo
  2. Mowl M+. Owl yoyo and powerful
  3. Monarch. Floaty fun classic feel
  4. Delphinium. Ping. Also the best ti around imo
  5. Either Motion Centrifugal (kind of the Excalibur of yoyos imo) or Capstan 22 (just a lil fella but performs at full-size level)
2 Likes

-CLYW Klondike. Period.

-Gotta have a fun responsive so FH1 of course

-At least one unresponsive plastic is a must too so plastic Peak for sure

-Something for fixie so Butterfly to be safe

-Duncan Barracuda for a great jack of all trades/5a/beater yoyo

-One Drop Reboot/Thorn for the fun and quality boutiques

I can’t wait to come back to this and see if it’s changed within another 6-12 months cuz I know it will lol

1 Like