yotrick civility

you dont get the wooden with that… you only get the civility in that deal

Kickstarter is a notoriously sketchy site with absolutely zero protection for the people that give money to back these projects. Whatever you do don’t go pledging money to this guy thinking it’s equivalent to placing an order for a yoyo on YYE or whatever. It wouldn’t surprise me if you saw nothing.

got 160 and 75 confused srry

Ummm…

No. Brian from yotricks is a great guy and he wouldn’t use kickstarter for a site unless it was solid.

plus he already has a site the sells throws

What you say has truth at a certain level:

Kickstarter itself offers no protection for the backers. They don’t tell you that up front and it’s never very clear to the casual backer or someone new to the site.

But it has always seemed rather clear to me that it’s the people or organizations with the PROJECTS that you need to trust with your money. And I think everybody in the yoyo community who has encountered Brian believes in his trustworthiness. He has built a brand that he needs to protect and nurture, and ripping people off is surely not part of that plan. :wink:

Kickstarter has also been known for many successes, including the much lauded Pebble wristwatch. And although the Ouya game console hasn’t shipped yet, anybody who has followed that project knows that it’s the real deal.

I would have full confidence backing this Kickstarter project.

I agree with this. I find it odd that there isn’t more protection, but yotricks is quite legit. Technically, if the Project Founder can’t provide the rewards, they are required to refund your backing. BUT, they don’t require you to provide any information which may have been helpful to pursue lawful acquisition of your funds…

50 bucks isn’t too bad, and if it’s limited to kickstarting this project it’d be worth a shot. YoTricks is reliable in the yoyo community as well, as Greg here stated.

Then you haven’t seen this video from a couple of years back–
http://www.yoyoskills.com/?p=4582

That was ill.

Not commenting on his character, rather the million and one things that could potentially happen in between someone giving him 75$ and the yoyos actually being made. I’m the type of person to buy things after they’ve already been produced, but hey that’s just me.

For the most part, me, too. I didn’t buy an Ouya because the estimated shipping date was WELL beyond the close of the Kickstarter. Many people wanted in at the ground level, but I’m willing to wait and just buy one later.

There’s already prototypes made of this yoyo, so I suspect they’ll be able to produce it fairly quickly after the Kickstarter is done. There aren’t as many obstacles as the Ouya faces, either in design, production, or distribution. And much of the heavy lifting is already done.

But it’s fair enough to want to wait. My response was to your assertion that Kickstarter is sketchy. It’s not, really; it just requires you to place your risk with the project rather than the Kickstarter platform. And I believe this project is low-risk (not NO risk).

What people need to realize is that the site showcases startup ventures. There’s no guarantee that anything will actually come of the money you send. It’s seed money, plain and simple.

1 Like

well CLYW produces they’re non made in Canada products through One Drop and would that be considered a one drop as well?

I have problems with this part of text on kickstarter

Isnt 35$ Protostar, that they are already selling, ideal for this? Why do they have to make their own 90$ yo-yo?

I understand they want help from kickstarter to make another yo-yo company, if they clearly say just that, everything would be ok. But hiding this behind all these talks about how they need it for tutorial and how will it help kids learning, is really unfair.

That’s one of the reasons I haven’t put forward into the project. I could learn anything on a $10 plastic with a bit of perseverance, the amount of times that the yotricks team has said “We need this big expensive yoyo to do more tricks” has really put me off it.

anyone ever receive a civility yet?

They are a company and they are appealing/selling the product to the audience they have. Its called making a business

1 Like

I love how they have 6x times as much as their goal ;D

The Kickstarter hasn’t even closed yet, so that seems extremely unlikely.

It will be a couple months before anyone receives these… Also i totally agree on the you dont need a 90 dollar throw to learn advanced tricks, and its a bit unfair to advertise it as such.